Alright guys...whats your favorite Sodbuster?

Boker Tree-Brand Arbolito large Sodbuster.

- It was free.
- Really good, strong spring.
- comfortable handle; works well for any member of the family.
- It was free.
- Solid, no blade play, takes a razor edge.
- Fits any one of several generic sheaths I have.
- Works great as a 'back-pocket' knife.
- And it was free. Did I mention that? ;)

~Chris

I have a Case and a Queen. I prefer the Queen because my Case doesn't have enough of a point to it. I never realized how much I used the point until I tried carrying a knife that didn't have one.

Case large sodbuster, American Workman to be exact. I've not tried a junior yet although may pick one up if the price is right.

I've a Rough Rider which works just as wells but takes the number two position because it has a liner lock which makes gripping it a little uncomfortable for me. I think it's a little thinner than the Case but I definitely like the lock free Case more.

case 3137cv. a few reasons....came sharp, carbon steel, for the obvious reasons...easy to keep sharp, and holds an edge well. well made and cheap in price relatively speaking of course.

i'd be lying though if i didn't say i'd actually prefer a 3138cv size in yellow, with a lockback though. that would be the best sodbuster, to me anyways.

Assuming regular production models, and not customs:

For a carbon-bladed model, the Eye Brand is my favorite. Blades are excellent on these (profile, finish and ability to take a fine edge).
For stainless, the D2 of the Queen Country Cousin is tops.
For handles, I like the color of Case's yellow Delrin. And good quality wood handles (that won't split or crack at the pins), would be great.

If Queen ever gets around to making the Country Cousin in a LARGE version, with D2, that would come very close to being my favorite (I think). I'd LOVE to see that pattern with their Amber Carved Stag Bone scales, too. Until that happens, I don't think a single 'favorite' exists yet, for me. ;)

I don´t have any other soddies, than a Case Sodbuster Jr. CV. With other soddies I don´t have any experiences.

But I like that simple Case Soddie.

Kind regards
Andi

Stag handled one from Schatt&Morgan with a keystone shield.

Don't have one, unfortunately, but always admired it.

This one.
IMGP2524.jpg

While the soddie is one that I truly like and depend upon and I have several of many brands, Iwish I still had my old eye brand that I broke twenty some years ago. I didn't know any better at the time and tossed it away. That would never happen togay. Live and learn....today it would be one of my two sizes of Brown Mules.....Herb

Ditto on the yeller Cases in CV.

IMG_1686.jpg

Although, in the looks department, it's hard to beat one with some decent stag...

IMG_1644-1.jpg

;)

Back