1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 37 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Sabol Brothers Kiridashi , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Am I the only one with a sour taste in my mouth over this

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by PatrickKnight, Jun 6, 2014.

1. PatrickKnight

PatrickKnight

Jan 24, 2012
    It better happen!!! Its literally the perfect mid sized production knife!!

2. tdk1122

tdk1122

May 23, 2012
    I like SR101 better because of price point. I dont let corrosion resistance enter into the thought processes. Due to a arid climate and the fact I take care of my stuff.

Infi is nice. If I could choose a NMFBM in INFI or SR101 I would go with SR101. If price point was being the deciding factor.

3. Need2Know

Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    Sounds like you don't go w/ naked satin SR101 if corrosion is not a factor in the decision process.

4. tdk1122

tdk1122

May 23, 2012
    I always oil my blades. I have other knives in carbon steels that are not coated in 1095 and O1. Only a Patina. When I was in the Marines I was mostly in a boat company. Riding the surf zones stainless knives rusted just as bad as carbon knives. Guys were coating their Benchmade and Spyderco folders to 440C stainless Kbar fighting knives in CLP.
    Reading what Jeff Randall at Esee says about the jungle environments its the same thing. Stainless knives will look like carbon steel knives after a few short days. He dont feel a bit bad about carbon steels in that environment. He actually prefers them.

5. pepemrtnz

pepemrtnz

Oct 13, 2010
    OMG where and when can I buy a satin INFI RMD?????

6. amflud

amflud Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Watch the exchange and the bay. The secondary market is the only place you can find them right now.

7. Need2Know

Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    You mentioned "price point" and that's why I brought up the satin Rats.

"Stainless" does not mean won't ever....simply means stains less.

As for oiling....it's a necessity but sometimes an inconvenience or depending on situational conditions...not readily available.

8. Zymologist

Zymologist

May 21, 2012
    As with most things in life you often pay for convenience. The G10 INFI Ratmandu at show price was just under $100 more vs a CG Ratmandu with black canvas.
    To me the convenience of INFI is worth the small upcharge plus I got G10 to boot. Thats just my personal preference your mileage may vary.
    Yes it does stink that its not going to be offered as a production run but then again who knows anything can happen in the future.
    Also don't give up hope anyone that is interested cause I'm sure theres going to be a Bladeshow2014 Ganzaa you may be able to get some Infidus there as well.

This was my first Bladeshow this year and yes there are perks to going. I've been in the same boat as everyone else for the past 2 years of my Busse n Kin affair.
    You can't ever make everyone happy but with all things patience is a virtue.

9. Zymologist

Zymologist

May 21, 2012
    By the way the show price was $247 before tax. For an INFI Ratmandu. So you get a satin finished ratmandu in INFI + G10 handles vs $158.95 for a standard CG Ratmandu.

Thats a hell of a price in my opinion for all that you get.:thumbup:

10. Zymologist

Zymologist

May 21, 2012
    Sorry price was already discussed didn't catch that just now read page 2.

11. dericdesmond

dericdesmond Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Patrick night an infi rmd was well discussed before your join date :rolleyes: Get over yourself and come out in real time and buy one like the thousands who had the chance to at blade. FYI if anyone wanted an INFI RMD at blade show cost and was in proximity, it wasnt much a chore. Busse brought lots. People were turning there cards in on sunday and arizona customns and LK were buying the leftovers. Cry us all a river, its nothing new :thumbdn:

ETA-ANyone who isnt a whiny wind bag next year that neads a proxy at show cost email me

12. Need2Know

Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    Hey Eric, how goes it? Couldn't get my little ducks to line up so I missed the trough this year...and hanging w/ you and the rest...anyway...

I've pointed out most everything you typed already. Patrick's twist was not about just an INFI RMD but the version of it some of us hammered out a basic concept for over in the other Swamp.

I like the INFI RMD they offered at BS14...may get one. But the other concept is FFG like the SE.

13. gusbuster

gusbuster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Got my Infidu in red/black G10 on the exchange for about 50 bucks over show price, and I'm very happy with it. It's Sweeeet!!! :thumbup::D