Am I the only one with a sour taste in my mouth over this

Well said by you two from Oz.

The want for the INFI RMD came about in a line of thinking similar to if it could be...can it be? The N2K RMD took this further...in that we bounced never-before ideas off the Swamp Waters and a wickedly cool concept was born. Will it ever happen?...who knows.

It better happen!!! Its literally the perfect mid sized production knife!!

I like SR101 better because of price point. I dont let corrosion resistance enter into the thought processes. Due to a arid climate and the fact I take care of my stuff.

Infi is nice. If I could choose a NMFBM in INFI or SR101 I would go with SR101. If price point was being the deciding factor.

I like SR101 better because of price point. I dont let corrosion resistance enter into the thought processes. Due to a arid climate and the fact I take care of my stuff.

Infi is nice. If I could choose a NMFBM in INFI or SR101 I would go with SR101. If price point was being the deciding factor.

Sounds like you don't go w/ naked satin SR101 if corrosion is not a factor in the decision process.

Sounds like you don't go w/ naked satin SR101 if corrosion is not a factor in the decision process.

I always oil my blades. I have other knives in carbon steels that are not coated in 1095 and O1. Only a Patina. When I was in the Marines I was mostly in a boat company. Riding the surf zones stainless knives rusted just as bad as carbon knives. Guys were coating their Benchmade and Spyderco folders to 440C stainless Kbar fighting knives in CLP.
Reading what Jeff Randall at Esee says about the jungle environments its the same thing. Stainless knives will look like carbon steel knives after a few short days. He dont feel a bit bad about carbon steels in that environment. He actually prefers them.

Watch the exchange and the bay. The secondary market is the only place you can find them right now.

I always oil my blades. I have other knives in carbon steels that are not coated in 1095 and O1. Only a Patina. When I was in the Marines I was mostly in a boat company. Riding the surf zones stainless knives rusted just as bad as carbon knives. Guys were coating their Benchmade and Spyderco folders to 440C stainless Kbar fighting knives in CLP.
Reading what Jeff Randall at Esee says about the jungle environments its the same thing. Stainless knives will look like carbon steel knives after a few short days. He dont feel a bit bad about carbon steels in that environment. He actually prefers them.

You mentioned "price point" and that's why I brought up the satin Rats.

"Stainless" does not mean won't ever....simply means stains less.

As for oiling....it's a necessity but sometimes an inconvenience or depending on situational conditions...not readily available.

As with most things in life you often pay for convenience. The G10 INFI Ratmandu at show price was just under $100 more vs a CG Ratmandu with black canvas.
To me the convenience of INFI is worth the small upcharge plus I got G10 to boot. Thats just my personal preference your mileage may vary.
Yes it does stink that its not going to be offered as a production run but then again who knows anything can happen in the future.
Also don't give up hope anyone that is interested cause I'm sure theres going to be a Bladeshow2014 Ganzaa you may be able to get some Infidus there as well.

This was my first Bladeshow this year and yes there are perks to going. I've been in the same boat as everyone else for the past 2 years of my Busse n Kin affair.
You can't ever make everyone happy but with all things patience is a virtue.

By the way the show price was $247 before tax. For an INFI Ratmandu. So you get a satin finished ratmandu in INFI + G10 handles vs $158.95 for a standard CG Ratmandu.

Thats a hell of a price in my opinion for all that you get.:thumbup:

Patrick night an infi rmd was well discussed before your join date :rolleyes: Get over yourself and come out in real time and buy one like the thousands who had the chance to at blade. FYI if anyone wanted an INFI RMD at blade show cost and was in proximity, it wasnt much a chore. Busse brought lots. People were turning there cards in on sunday and arizona customns and LK were buying the leftovers. Cry us all a river, its nothing new :thumbdn:

ETA-ANyone who isnt a whiny wind bag next year that neads a proxy at show cost email me

Hey Eric, how goes it? Couldn't get my little ducks to line up so I missed the trough this year...and hanging w/ you and the rest...anyway...

I've pointed out most everything you typed already. Patrick's twist was not about just an INFI RMD but the version of it some of us hammered out a basic concept for over in the other Swamp.

I like the INFI RMD they offered at BS14...may get one. But the other concept is FFG like the SE.

Got my Infidu in red/black G10 on the exchange for about 50 bucks over show price, and I'm very happy with it. It's Sweeeet!!! :thumbup::D

Back