Am I the only one ?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Hickory n steel, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Who wants a special edition Porch Victorinox classic ?
    BHQ has their exclusive versions and they gave a bunch of dumb YouTubers their own special versions, why not the porch ?
    It could say " The porch " on one side and have a man on a porch sitting in his rocking chair whittling on the back side.

Each year the forum knife is more than I'm willing to spend, but this I would drop $20 on in a heartbeat.

2. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 19, 2018
    Aint gonna happen ! Most Every Collector on Blade Forums has GEC and Case XX knives on the brain. I just bought a CASE XX Trapper-lock kickstart with antique barnboard jigged bone scales. I am buying more GEC knives too.

3. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Actually, that's not a bad idea. It certainly wouldn't have to replace the BF knife, but it could be a nice addition. SAK might even do an Alox version in different colors, so owners could fight over which color is the most desirable/valuable. Picking the number and type of blades might take a while, for consensus, but overall, I like the idea.

4. akguy59

akguy59

Aug 19, 2017
    Sounds like a good idea to me. I would grab one if given the chance.

WolfyW likes this.
  5. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I'd be in for a Porch exclusive SAK.
    As long as there weren't any polls!!!
    Just say, "Here's the knife, who wants one?" Done!
    It would sell, I'm sure of it.

willc, The Zieg, meako and 9 others like this.
  6. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    victorinox classic as in the little key chain knife? a few of the facebook knife groups have arranged for larger models, likely a spartan or camper with the logo. i never go for em cause already have a sak hiker and too many implements.

7. Dr-Mabuse

Dr-Mabuse Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 23, 2014
    I’m in! I like Alox but unless we could cheaply get the BF logo or Porch anodized on the handle, it’d be just another colored Alox SAK. The plastic shell versions seems like we could customize it more and keep it cheap enough to be accessible.

Hear, hear! No need to drag this one out and debate it till we’re all sick of it.

8. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    probably easier to get Porch since Bladeforums is trademarked. Porch is just significant to us folks here mostly

seas165 and Dr-Mabuse like this.
  9. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I have no problem with SAKs, I have a few, but I don't feel enough affect to want one as BFK (or Porch)... Perfect things may get boring when seen by the thousands...or more. ;)

Will Power and Prester John like this.
  10. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    It would actually be super easy. The process to get a run of custom graphic Victorinox SAKs is not that complicated.

1) Make design that fits within the template
    2) Get design approved
    3) Order knives

I have contact with a rep at Victorinox and would be happy to help / take the lead.

11. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Nah...

Will Power likes this.
  12. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    I might be interested just for fun - inexpensive, useful, new toy. I have too may slip joints to buy any more, except on the rarest of occasions. Besides, the BFP knife usually looks like something designed by committee.

It would have to be alox, perhaps an interesting color that would wear well. Remember, anything but silver will morph into a pastel shade banging against the keys.

meako likes this.
  13. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Anyone who thinks getting a special custom run of knives made would be cheap just because the because the base knife isn't expensive is in for a shock.

meako, Ramrodmb, Will Power and 3 others like this.
  14. jrawk

jrawk

Jul 14, 2014
    Its interesting to witness the flak GEC has gotten for now requiring blade etches on SFOs, and then instant support for an SAK with customized logo.

meako likes this.
  15. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Yes.

:p

hopsbreath likes this.
  16. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    They don't play in the same league...

Prester John likes this.
  17. hopsbreath

hopsbreath Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2012
    I’d sign up for one

18. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    I'd pass on the Classic.
    I already have two around here somewhere ... I keep a SAK "Signature" on my keyring. Same blades and scissors as the Classic, but with a retractable ball point pen (blue ink) in one of the covers.
    The pen comes in right handy if/when my "good" pen stays home or dies.

19. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Usually, but they print new things things on the classic all the time, and loads of businesses get their logos and such on them all the time.
    to get a classic that at the minimum just says " the porch " on it, even if it's just the standard red would be no big deal.

Oh we, I just kind of liked the idea of having a special knife but don't usually want nor can I afford the annual BF's knife.

jmh33 and jackknife like this.
  20. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    I would be in for one