1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

Am I the only one ?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Hickory n steel, Dec 5, 2019.

1. gaj999

gaj999 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 25, 2004
    I'll comment on why I feel that way this year. The blade design was fixed in advance. For no obvious good reason. Now given it's resemblance to the last few years worth of Northwoods knives, it might have won the poll anyway, but I sure wish that we had had a chance to vote on a Lambsfoot instead ... I'd have bought one of those in a heartbeat.

hornetguy likes this.
  2. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I also believe that a run (not an SFO) of a lambsfoot knife would sell very well for GEC. As it stands now, Sheffield is about the only place that I know of that makes them, and while they are nice knives, their finished quality is nowhere near GEC's.
    The 93 ramsfoot is a very nice knife, but just doesn't have the sleekness that a lambsfoot has.

Will Power and gaj999 like this.
  3. gaj999

gaj999 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 25, 2004
    Exactly. The Lambsfoot is sleek, elegant and functional. I'm not a big fan of single-blade knives, but that one speaks to me. The Ramsfoot does not. Saber grinds do speak to me ... they say: "Keep your money!" ;)