• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Andrew Clifford Knives

Two years ago I paid Mr. Clifford for a knife and T-shirt. For two years I would occasionally get an email from him after a couple to him. He had excuse after excuse why my knife was not finished. I even offered family help with one of his excuses. I have now emailed three more times without a response. I fear Mr. Clifford is either dead or a crook. Either way, I could have had another Randall or lots of other quality knives for what I paid. Is there anyone who has had this same experience with him? Am I that bad of a judge of character? Andrew, if you read this and get angry, look into the mirror and see if it is you or some alien pod has taken over your body

There is a section for this called good bad and ugly, in the exchange. Ask a mod to move this thete for you and follow it there.

Hello,

After 3 years of waiting for a knifemaker to make my knife, he cancels the build and refunds my money.
I had previously bought several knives from Andrew Clifford over the years. Even though Andy missed lots of deadlines, he still would eventually send my knife to me. But not Until after many drama fights and misery.

But he and I got passed it and developed a friendship through the years. So I told Andy about the knife cancellation after the frustrated 3 year wait. Andy then agreed to make my knife and it would take him just a couple of weeks. He said he was all caught up from being backlogged.

He said he needed to be paid upfront but only required $100 for materials since he and I were friends. So this past October I sent him $100 via PayPal and he and I agreed to send him $100 each paycheck while he worked on my knife. He set a deadline for November.

Then, after I sent him another $100, he suddenly came up with all of these family atrocities that got in the way of my knife build. Having been accused in the past by Andy of not having any patients and receiving hateful negative words from him, I decided this time to show extreme patients and understanding.

After I sent him another $100, totaling $300 for the cost of $450 knife plus $30 for Overnight Shipping, Andy continued to miss deadlines and gave excuse after excuse,making a 2 week knife build into months.

Then we agreed I was not going to pay the balance of this knife Until he notified me that it was finally built. A January 15 deadline was missed, then a February one...excuse after excuse. Still, I showed extreme patience and understanding even though I was very frustrated inside. This went on with missed deadlines and excuses.

Then finally, on July 14th, Andrew Clifford sends me a message that my knife was finished and I could go ahead and pay the final payment. My wife paid the final payment Immediately and Andy was to put the knife in the mail the next day and provide a Tracking Number.

As soon as we paid and the next day came, More family atrocity excuses from him followed, as to why he has not shipped the knife yet. This went on for about a week.

After I sent Andrew Clifford a rather angry email regarding his fake promises, he replied back with yet another very hateful email. This occurred several times.

But about 3 or 4 days ago I get a phone call from Andy. He apologized greatly for the hateful messages and said he knew this was his fault. I accepted his apology. Then he said he was definitely shipping out the knife to me the next day. He gave me his word that he was and would give me the Tracking Number right away. Now 3 or 4 days later, not only have I not received my knife, but Andrew Clifford has not returned my phone calls about this or replied to any of my messages or email.

I am currently in the process of filing a lawsuit against Andrew Clifford. No customer should have to go through and deal with what this man does to people.

Now I know that Andy will get word of this. And he will probably come here and tell all about his family crisis, his dog dying, his mother having surgery, and will try to make himself look good and me look like the bad guy!

As a matter of fact, I am sure of it. But I'm not posting this to get into all of that or into an online drama fight with Andrew Clifford. If that is his game to play, I refuse to play it.

But my reason for doing this today is to right some wrongs. For years I have bragged on his knives and stood for him and his work. And credit due, he does make great knives.

But in doing that, I feel guilty now for some people that might of read those posts and ended up trusting Andrew Clifford with upfront money.

I feel guilty of that and right now I am righting that wrong:

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY UPFRONT MONEY TO ANDREW CLIFFORD FOR A KNIFE BUILD!!. PLEASE DO NOT LEARN THIS THE HARD WAY LIKE I HAVE HAD TO DO, AND OTHERS AS WELL.

NO CUSTOMER OR FRIEND SHOULD EVER BE TREATED WITH SUCH NEGATIVITY AND DISRESPECT AS THIS GUY TREATS THEM!

ANDY, IF YOU READ THIS, YOU OWE ME EITHER MY KNIFE WHICH I WILL PROBABLY JUST TURN AROUND AND SELL ANYWAY...OR YOU OWE ME $480!!

I DON'T WANNA HEAR ANYMORE BULLSHIT EXCUSES. AND IF THIS MAKES YOU MAD THEN SO BE IT. BECAUSE THAT DOES NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO HOW MAD I AM AT YOU!!

Brian Wright

Two years ago I paid Mr. Clifford for a knife and T-shirt. For two years I would occasionally get an email from him after a couple to him. He had excuse after excuse why my knife was not finished. I even offered family help with one of his excuses. I have now emailed three more times without a response. I fear Mr. Clifford is either dead or a crook. Either way, I could have had another Randall or lots of other quality knives for what I paid. Is there anyone who has had this same experience with him? Am I that bad of a judge of character? Andrew, if you read this and get angry, look into the mirror and see if it is you or some alien pod has taken over your body

Hello,

No buddy, you called it right!! Andrew Clifford has proven to be the 2nd Worst knifemaker Ever to trust with upfront money!! So no,this is Not your fault!! It is His!!

And you are also right about him probably coming here with either a BS sob story or pissed at you for calling him out......how dare you!!
Typical scammer reactions.
Follow through with the lawsuit.......it's the ONLY way he will ever do the right thing by you.
Nauseating that people can do this.
Joe

Im amazed at these knifemakers. I have family dramas, dog died, heart broken, truck stolen, pick your excuse etc. and yet the next day im always at work and working. I can be sweating buckets with a fever, coughing up lungs, puking up organs...and I always go to work and get my work done.

Hope y'all get your money back.

Im amazed at these knifemakers. I have family dramas, dog died, heart broken, truck stolen, pick your excuse etc. and yet the next day im always at work and working. I can be sweating buckets with a fever, coughing up lungs, puking up organs...and I always go to work and get my work done.

Hope y'all get your money back.

Thanks man. I do too. I'm sick and tired of lying, cheating knifemakers! I am about done with trusting any of them!

Yesterday out of the Blue I got a phone call from Andrew Clifford. I'm so pissed at him that I did not answer his calls. He called me back to back..must've called me like 8 to 9 times. I still would not answer. He also sent numerous emails to me. After awhile I finally called him back. He fed me another apology followed by another "Poor Pitiful Me" excuse! Then he said he was going to right up Yesterday after a bit and take and Ship out my knife!! He said I would hear from him within 4 hours and again promised a Tracking Number Right Away! My wife heard the message and I also have it Saved!!

But again...Not another phone call from him following our conversation and not one email nor Tracking Number. I called him today and left messages on his phone And also emailed him. Yet again he is playing the Avoiding Game!!

I honestly do not know what is wrong with this guy! Andrew Clifford has some serious issues when it comes to Drama, Excuses, Honoring His Word, and Following Through With Commitment to His Customers!!

I am going to continue with these updates concerning this issue...Until I Either Receive My Knife Or A Full Refund!! Even if it has to be done through the court system!!

Andy, if by some chance that you read this, You'd better wake the Hell up and realize that you are hurting your Own business and so-called self-proclaimed "Untarnished Rep!" This mess is all On Your Head Bro...No Else Is To Blame For This But Your Own Self!!

Wow... There's only one thing to say.. When a man does not keep his word, his promises, it is no longer worthy of respect. ZERO respect.. The word of a man is all. There is no excuse for this. I'm a collector of hollow handle knives, and I was planning to buy a knife from him, now I changed my mind. Thanks for alerting me, guys

He goes by RevDawg or RezDawg on here!! This is Andrew Clifford!!

IT'S MONDAY AND I STILL HAVE NO KNIFE FROM HIM! BUNCHES OF EXCUSES BUT NO KNIFE!! ANY GRIEF HE RECEIVES FROM THIS...LOSS OF CUSTOMERS, RESPECT, ETC...HE ONLY HAS HIMSELF TO BLAME...NO ONE ELSE BUT HIMSELF!

WHEN OR IF I DO GET THIS KNIFE OR MY FULL $480 REFUND, I WILL THEN COME ON HERE AND UPDATE IT AS SUCH!! BUT I OWE HIM NO APOLOGIES FOR FEELING LIKE I HAVE TO SAY THIS!! ALL OF THIS IS ON HIS BACK...NOT MINE!!!

FROM POST OF 07/29/06: "After 3 years of waiting for a knifemaker to make my knife, he cancels the build and refunds my money."

So after this terrible "customer service" [NOT CLOSE TO ACCEPTABLE !] he refunded your money?

Last edited:
FROM POST OF 07/29/06: "After 3 years of waiting for a knifemaker to make my knife, he cancels the build and refunds my money."

So after this terrible "customer service" [NOT CLOSE TO ACCEPTABLE !] he refined your money?[/QUOTE

YES HE DID. BUT THIS ISN'T ABOUT THAT 3 YEARS!! THIS IS ABOUT THE CURRENT ISSUE!! TRUST ME, I DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HIM EITHER!! BUT HE WAS HONORABLE ENOUGH TO REFUND MY MONEY!!

AGAIN THOUGH, I'M NO FAN OF HIS EITHER...AT ALL. BUT THAT IS A CLOSED CHAPTER AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, AND WILL NOT BE DISCUSSED FURTHER.

I'M HERE STRICTLY TO RIGHT SOME WRONGS AND WARN OTHERS ABOUT THE ISSUE AT HAND!! IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU'D BE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT A KNIFEMAKER'S CONTINUOUS LIES AND FAKE PROMISES...THAN YOU WOULD ABOUT ONE WHO ACTUALLY REFUNDED MONEY IN FULL!!

I just received a message from andrew clifford! He asked me for my home address...said he got a new phone and lost it. If i receive my knife i will come here and tell everyone!

My friend you are dealing with a deranged individual . When I got into knife collecting I met a maker who was very similar to him . These guys enjoy getting your hopes up so they can make your day suck as much as theirs . I don't know why they all have the same stories too . Its pretty sad that a man would not only steal your hard earned money but they try to break your spirit too . Keep people like this out of your life . Try finding a knife you want already made from your favorite maker . I hope this all works out for you.

Thanks for the warning about Andy Clifford. I also considered buying something from him, but after reading this--not a chance in hell. I hope you win your lawsuit.

The guy sounds like a nut job but Maybe it's just as unhealthy to be emotionally involved with knives.

Back