Angry Anchor Knife and Tool

As mentioned, that whole line are rebranded Efangrow knives, which in turn are copies of other things. A quick sniff around Amazon or dhgate will give you all of them.

Look like a Strider handle to me.

Same thing I thought.

It's a knockoff of the Microtech DOC, which was a collaboration with Strider. The model has been discontinued for a little while, as have all other Microtech models with Sub-Frame Locks (Whaleshark, Socom Delta, Matrix, Mini Matrix, Select Fire) since KAI started enforcing their patent in 2016... [speculation] Likely in a sort of delayed response to Microtech's admitted direct copy of the 0777 that they called the Matrix.[/speculation]

It's a knockoff of the Microtech DOC, which was a collaboration with Strider. The model has been discontinued for a little while, as have all other Microtech models with Sub-Frame Locks (Whaleshark, Socom Delta, Matrix, Mini Matrix, Select Fire) since KAI started enforcing their patent in 2016... [speculation] Likely in a sort of delayed response to Microtech's admitted direct copy of the 0777 that they called the Matrix.[/speculation]

Ahhhh thanks for the info.

It's gotta be pretty obvious when I'm all traditionals and I could see it was a clone or copy right away.

Whether or not it actually is it should be illegal to claim something is American made when it's not, and I say this SOB deserves a minimum of 3 to 5.

Last edited:
He's still got these POS knives all over eBay. What a low-life smear of pond scum. I reported them to eBay, we'll see if it does any good.

It would be nice if every BF member who reads this post and has an eBay account makes a report about this vendor. Let's try to shut this POS down. There are more than one seller on eBay selling angry anchor knives...one is marcuburn_0 and the other is aajdjmom. You can find all the knives for both sellers by just searching for angry anchor knives. I filed a report on each seller.

As you all are stating, these appear to be clones. I would want to see the "factory" in Arizon. That could be accomplished if you live in the area. Anyone find the business license?

I don't know why this is such a valid rule, but it totally is.

A knife is always a fake if there is a ruler in the photo.
Why is that? I thought the ruler was useful to provide a scale reference to a knife.

As you all are stating, these appear to be clones. I would want to see the "factory" in Arizon. That could be accomplished if you live in the area. Anyone find the business license?

Why is that? I thought the ruler was useful to provide a scale reference to a knife.

From what I read, if you wish to sell a knife online in China, you must have a ruler showing the blade or overall length in the picture. Which is why everything on the big clone websites have rulers next to them, because they’re all being sold and shipped from China. I believe even legitimate WE’s and Kizer’s follow these guidelines as well on DH Gate and such.

I don’t remember exactly where I read that, but I certainly remember reading it.

Last edited:
I honestly never go to the knife clone web sites or look at knives on flea bay as I have no interest.

Assuming it is mostly false advertising, it still reduces the value of well made stuff from China. Is it really M390? The whole thing raises a lot of questions.

I honestly never go to the knife clone web sites or look at knives on flea bay as I have no interest.

Assuming it is mostly false advertising, it still reduces the value of well made stuff from China. Is it really M390? The whole thing raises a lot of questions.

It’s certainly not M390 or XHP, since the knives in question are generally advertised as D2... and test as 8Cr13MoV (as per the testing of the identical Eafengrow models)

Given that these are blatantly rebranded clones erroneously marked as having been made in the US, I’m not sure it damages Chinese knifemaker reputations as much as it just generally deceives the buyers. The reputation damage is entirely centered on the fictional company they are marked with, and potentially Microtech if someone sees these first and assumes Microtech copied the design - which is unlikely, but possible.

I honestly haven't the foggiest idea, but for some reason, especially on Facebook and eBay, frauds abound, and they all have a ruler in the picture.

He's still got these POS knives all over eBay. What a low-life smear of pond scum. I reported them to eBay, we'll see if it does any good.

It would be nice if every BF member who reads this post and has an eBay account makes a report about this vendor. Let's try to shut this POS down. There are more than one seller on eBay selling angry anchor knives...one is marcuburn_0 and the other is aajdjmom. You can find all the knives for both sellers by just searching for angry anchor knives. I filed a report on each seller.

I reported him as well.

Back