Announcing the NEW 591 BOOST!

I have been using knives for over 30 years and I am a commercial tradesman. I cannot fathom what I would use a blunted tip on the end of a sharp edge for. I’m eager to see the silly promo video they do for this, just so I can wrap my head around what Benchmade thinks this knife is for...

To each their own.

Last edited:
We designed the tip for light prying and scraping. The 3V did amazing during testing. Will bend before it breaks. Not designed for looks for sure.

We designed the tip for light prying and scraping. The 3V did amazing during testing. Will bend before it breaks. Not designed for looks for sure.

Why this ugly model though? The triage already existed. It could have just been done in 3v.

I’m sure some people will like it but not for me.

3V is amazing, But it could have been a grand slam with a razel type design. Instead you have to explain that you bought it that way.

Had to look at the post date. I honestly thought it was an April fool's thing. I think knife users prefer to accidentally break their tips off and use them for beaters, rather than buying them like that. Who knows, I could be wrong.

Not for me, but looks like a great knife that serves a purpose for the right individual.

3v was a great steel choice.

As soon as I saw the promo on Instagram I knew I needed to be here to read the comments on that prybar tip. It got a very audible “yeck!” from me when I saw it

I have a feeling that this knife will be very popular among people that are not knife enthusiasts but want a "good" knife that they can beat on. I personally really like the concept but can understand why knife enthusiasts don't find it appealing. I'm just glad that Benchmade isn't afraid to try new things, even if some of the hobbyists don't necessarily see the appeal.

I honestly hate being negative about things, but seriously...I don't care how functional that tip could be, it just looks so silly i could never bring myself to buy one. How did we go from designs like the Adamas, AFCK, Rukas, 710 - to things like this.

By giving a knife one function (prying) you delete a knifes other basic function (piercing). I don't know about anyone else, but i sure find a piercing tip a more useful trait in a knife than being able to pry. And if this knife is meant to pry, can you confirm you've beefed up the liners, pivot, handle materials and given it larger washers to handle the intended lateral force? I doubt it.

I honestly hate being negative about things, but seriously...I don't care how functional that tip could be, it just looks so silly i could never bring myself to buy one. How did we go from designs like the Adamas, AFCK, Rukas, 710 - to things like this.

By giving a knife one function (prying) you delete a knifes other basic function (piercing). I don't know about anyone else, but i sure find a piercing tip a more useful trait in a knife than being able to pry. And if this knife is meant to pry, can you confirm you've beefed up the liners, pivot, handle materials and given it larger washers to handle the intended lateral force? I doubt it.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe just quit trying to reinvent the knife, and just bring back the 710 or AFCK?

Back