1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 17 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KaBar Becker BK 15 Mini Camp!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK 15, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 27; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Announcing the NEW 591 BOOST!

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by BKC Customer Service, Apr 15, 2019.

1. BKC Customer Service

BKC Customer Service

Apr 23, 2018
    GronK and Chariotz4 like this.
  2. GronK

GronK Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 1, 2001
    Kewl! Even has a pre-broken tip!

Argle, mdrgn79, jeepin and 2 others like this.
  3. Scott321

Scott321

Jul 20, 2016
    3V? Oh how I would have loved this on the normal blade shape... Micarta would kick butt too.

Cypress likes this.
  4. Cypress

Cypress Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I have been using knives for over 30 years and I am a commercial tradesman. I cannot fathom what I would use a blunted tip on the end of a sharp edge for. I’m eager to see the silly promo video they do for this, just so I can wrap my head around what Benchmade thinks this knife is for...

To each their own.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  5. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Wow, Benchmades just gettin’ uglier by the day.

Kreyzhorse, Wilfred17, Argle and 4 others like this.
  6. willc

willc Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Nope.

7. blame it on god

blame it on god

Feb 21, 2013
    Exactly my first thought. Why benchmade? For What? A wharnie or sheepsfoot would look........ Not broken?

jeepin likes this.
  8. Benchmade

Benchmade BMK Jimmy - Design Engineer Moderator

Jan 25, 2013
    We designed the tip for light prying and scraping. The 3V did amazing during testing. Will bend before it breaks. Not designed for looks for sure.

9. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Why this ugly model though? The triage already existed. It could have just been done in 3v.

I’m sure some people will like it but not for me.

Kreyzhorse likes this.
  10. blame it on god

blame it on god

Feb 21, 2013
    3V is amazing, But it could have been a grand slam with a razel type design. Instead you have to explain that you bought it that way.

Cypress likes this.
  11. Cypress

Cypress Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2009
    So does this knife come with a modified warranty?

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 4.27.31 PM.png

12. Sigguy

Sigguy Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Put a little flashlight in the handle.

Argle, Dallas T and Cypress like this.
  13. Benchmade

Benchmade BMK Jimmy - Design Engineer Moderator

Jan 25, 2013
    Great question! Yes, we will be updating the warranty on the website to include exceptions for certain models.

14. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Had to look at the post date. I honestly thought it was an April fool's thing. I think knife users prefer to accidentally break their tips off and use them for beaters, rather than buying them like that. Who knows, I could be wrong.

colin.p and Argle like this.
  15. Larryz71

Larryz71

Jan 20, 2018
    Not for me, but looks like a great knife that serves a purpose for the right individual.

3v was a great steel choice.

16. Dean51

Dean51 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 30, 2014
    :thumbsdown: Nope for me. :thumbsdown:
    I want a knife to cut, if I want a pry bar I'll buy one.

Cypress and jeepin like this.
  17. Knicked Digits

Knicked Digits

Dec 24, 2016
    As soon as I saw the promo on Instagram I knew I needed to be here to read the comments on that prybar tip. It got a very audible “yeck!” from me when I saw it

18. SurfisLove

SurfisLove

Apr 25, 2012
    I have a feeling that this knife will be very popular among people that are not knife enthusiasts but want a "good" knife that they can beat on. I personally really like the concept but can understand why knife enthusiasts don't find it appealing. I'm just glad that Benchmade isn't afraid to try new things, even if some of the hobbyists don't necessarily see the appeal.

JBoone and colin.p like this.
  19. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    I honestly hate being negative about things, but seriously...I don't care how functional that tip could be, it just looks so silly i could never bring myself to buy one. How did we go from designs like the Adamas, AFCK, Rukas, 710 - to things like this.

By giving a knife one function (prying) you delete a knifes other basic function (piercing). I don't know about anyone else, but i sure find a piercing tip a more useful trait in a knife than being able to pry. And if this knife is meant to pry, can you confirm you've beefed up the liners, pivot, handle materials and given it larger washers to handle the intended lateral force? I doubt it.

20. jec88

jec88

Mar 6, 2012

My thoughts exactly. Maybe just quit trying to reinvent the knife, and just bring back the 710 or AFCK?

Sigguy and mdrgn79 like this.