Announcing the NEW 591 BOOST!

And if this knife is meant to pry, can you confirm you've beefed up the liners, pivot, handle materials and given it larger washers to handle the intended lateral force? I doubt it.

The liners and pivot can take it. We tested this. The blade bent under heavy load. Then...we just bent it back :D. Mechanism remained in tact.

Plus better handle ergonomics, tip is angled for scraping and its an assisted opener...
I’m surprised Benchmade didn’t merely add those features to the Triage, which was a 4 in 1 tool and geared towards rescue applications. That would have been great! This is a 2 in 1 tool where if used for rescues applications, I’d now need to carry a separate safety hook and separate glass punch. I’m really not sure who the intended user is for this model.

I’m surprised Benchmade didn’t merely add those features to the Triage, which was a 4 in 1 tool and geared towards rescue applications. That would have been great! This is a 2 in 1 tool where if used for rescues applications, I’d now need to carry a separate safety hook and separate glass punch. I’m really not sure who the intended user is for this model.

Mechanics for the most part. Not first responders for sure.

I have a feeling that this knife will be very popular among people that are not knife enthusiasts but want a "good" knife that they can beat on. I personally really like the concept but can understand why knife enthusiasts don't find it appealing. I'm just glad that Benchmade isn't afraid to try new things, even if some of the hobbyists don't necessarily see the appeal.

Respectfully, that will definitely not be true. Non knife enthusiasts aren't buying any knife for $161.50 (85% of that $190 retail price), never mind something they want to beat on.

I agree with you that it's nice Benchmade is not afraid to try new things, though.

We designed the tip for light prying and scraping. The 3V did amazing during testing. Will bend before it breaks. Not designed for looks for sure.
I get the prying thing, but why on earth did you pick a nonadjustable pivot? A knife that is likely to do prying is also likely to loosen up. It certainly didn’t need to assisted opening for a knife meant to be a tool first and foremost.

I honestly hate being negative about things, but seriously...I don't care how functional that tip could be, it just looks so silly i could never bring myself to buy one. How did we go from designs like the Adamas, AFCK, Rukas, 710 - to things like this.

By giving a knife one function (prying) you delete a knifes other basic function (piercing). I don't know about anyone else, but i sure find a piercing tip a more useful trait in a knife than being able to pry. And if this knife is meant to pry, can you confirm you've beefed up the liners, pivot, handle materials and given it larger washers to handle the intended lateral force? I doubt it.

I've actually been discussing new Benchmades recently with a friend of mine over the last little while and he brought up that given how Benchmade has been releasing a lot of new variations of their current knives recently (the new-look tactical triage, the M4 "Super Freek", the Bailout which is a slightly larger and slightly different Bugout in my eyes, the Gold class Bugout which is obviously another Bugout and now the new 3V blunt-tip boost), they should revisit the Adamas and give it the 3V treatment, given that Benchmade seems to stumbled into fair amount of it; I couldn't agree more! I've never owned an Adamas, but I've come close to buying it in the past and a fresh take on that classic in a different steel would probably finally push me to buy one.

I've never owned an Adamas, but I've come close to buying it in the past and a fresh take on that classic in a different steel would probably finally push me to buy one.

I own and absolutely love my admas......but an adamas in a “supersteel”????? Why, yes. Yes I think that would do just fine

I've actually been discussing new Benchmades recently with a friend of mine over the last little while and he brought up that given how Benchmade has been releasing a lot of new variations of their current knives recently (the new-look tactical triage, the M4 "Super Freek", the Bailout which is a slightly larger and slightly different Bugout in my eyes, the Gold class Bugout which is obviously another Bugout and now the new 3V blunt-tip boost), they should revisit the Adamas and give it the 3V treatment, given that Benchmade seems to stumbled into fair amount of it; I couldn't agree more! I've never owned an Adamas, but I've come close to buying it in the past and a fresh take on that classic in a different steel would probably finally push me to buy one.
Adamas is a fantastic knife, i say grab one even in its current steel it's tried and tested true. A new Adams 2.0 with a stonewashed uncoated blade in a new steel would be great.

New models seem to be taking a beating. This one isn't for me - a 3v sheepsfoot might be though. Micarta scales please. :)

You down with that @Cypress ?

Back