Another fantastic custom from NY

RL

not mine this time...but pretty incredible..

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Not trying to start a flame war ok?

and the great thing about knife collecting is there is something for everyone..:thumbup:

That said...Nothing Strider has ever done has impressed me..this piece included.

I like it. Has a bit of a Blackwood Curr flavor to the curves. Very cool damascus.

RC (Royal Canadian?) Harpoon damascus? What's up?

Neil's photo is really clear. I suspect the DSLR has taken hold. That said, each image is a full one megabyte in size. Doesn't need to be, certainly not for a forum post.

Thanks!

Coop

It must weigh about 2 lbs with all that damascus.

I assume the fluting on the bolsters was done on a mill, why not also on the scales?

Not trying to start a flame war ok?

and the great thing about knife collecting is there is something for everyone..:thumbup:

That said...Nothing Strider has ever done has impressed me..this piece included.

i feel the same way...but everyone has their prefrences

I wouldn't buy one cause its not my thing, however I do like grind on that knife. The steel looks cool as does the way its fluted/carved.

I think in general his knives look clunky and weird but I bet they are strong.

I like it !
The compound grinds look very cleanly done , and is that Mick's personally made damascus as well ? Sure looks like it to me.

Thanks all

Chuck, the weight is listed as 13.2 ounces.

Rl

13.2 ounces! Wow.
It's pretty neat:thumbup:.

That's not bad for a Strider. That damascus for the handle looks really nice.

Kind regards,

Jos

$2100??! :rolleyes: For that amount of money I would have at least made sure the thumbhole didn't intersect the primary grind.

This Strides excites me. It sets my imagination running
and I love it when this happens!!

In recent years when this happens it usually results in a new book... :)
"Art and Design in Modern Tactical Knives" ????

Who can tell?

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

Last edited:
This type of knife is not really my cup of tea. I do recognize the skill and creativity that goes into designing and building a good knife though. Just because I'm not drawn to it doesn't mean it isn't nice, to each his own. That being said ...Nice knife!

Back