1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another run of W&SS neck knife?

Discussion in 'Koster Knives' started by pepemrtnz, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2001
    Got some WSS knives finished up, sheaths done, cleaned up and ready to ship today. Pic!!

[​IMG]

And check out the one in Jade G10 with red liners....WOWZA!!!
    That turned out a LOT nicer than expected. I'm geeking out on the color gradients. :D :eek: :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:thumbup:

2. OneStarLeather

OneStarLeather Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2014
    This. Knife. Is. Amaazing. So light, so great in the hand. Awesome unique design. Perfect for backpacking with the kydex sheath. Bravo! 141122_0010.jpg 141122_0009.jpg

3. Ranger78

Ranger78

Nov 8, 2013
    WOW!! I knew that Jade was gonna be awesome. Now I'm gonna have to order another!!! Way to go Dan!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  4. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    Glad you like them, guys. I wish I had 100 of these already done. :D

5. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
  6. LilBayDeNoc

LilBayDeNoc

May 31, 2013
    The yellow looks awesome!

7. storyville

storyville

Aug 11, 1999
    Awesome Dan, but WAIT -- can you add serrations and a sawback to mine before shipping?!

Just teasing :) Looking fwd...

8. storyville

storyville

Aug 11, 1999
    Design-wise, I believe the original idea was to turn an Alox SAK into a fixed blade and feed it steroids. I think it fed on kryptonite instead.

9. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    Sure thing....let me grab my angle grinder... :p :eek: :p

10. wheel

wheel

Aug 3, 2008
    Are these 3v or 154cm?

11. wheel

wheel

Aug 3, 2008
  12. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    all 3V

13. solid4ever

solid4ever

Feb 17, 2013
    Still waiting on that email, Dan. Andrew...black with yellow liners?

14. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    email reply sent - sorry for delay!

15. Ranger78

Ranger78

Nov 8, 2013
    So much for a Merry Christmas! Still waiting for my W&SS knife from Koster Knives. Thought it would be here by now. :confused:

16. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    Which one is yours? shoot me an email.

17. Ridley75

Ridley75

Dec 2, 2011
    Any news for the rest of us. I dropped you an email. Trying to be patient but it's been a long two year wait.

J. Tortosa.

18. NOEXCUSES

NOEXCUSES

Oct 31, 2014
    Looks like history repeats itself. He's got our money but won't finish and deliver our knives. Every couple of years this happens with Mr. Koster. I've talked with about twenty of his former and current customers at length and this keeps happening. Customer service is his biggest failure. I don't believe he is capable of keeping a commitment or meeting a deadline. This will be my last knife from Dan. Can't wait for the next show he is at!

19. DHanz

DHanz

Feb 22, 2010
    Nobody likes waiting, I don't like waiting either but you can't really rush quality - it's just the way it is.

Would you rather have a knife made by mass production company or a blade made by a man who puts his name on them?

20. Ridley75

Ridley75

Dec 2, 2011
    I understand quality, I have many many high end knives with the makers name on them. But I ordered my knife back in 2012. I knew there would be a wait and have been patient. When the list came out I was the 10th person on that list. I've paid for my knife but everyone on the list before me and most of the people on the list after me have gotten their knives. I understand Dan has a process that works for him but passing over people regardless of the process is frustrating. I was also told back in October that my knife would be finished in one week. I still haven't gotten it. Despite everyone's "you can't rush quality" statements, I agree. However, that is a two way street. Don't jerk me around. I still want my knife. In fact I can't wait to get it but better and honest communication would go a long way.