• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Another scam brand?

Last few months a new brand has appeared on da' 'bay: "MURT ART CUSTOM"

Almost every knife is said to be "handmade."

The country of origin is said to be Australia.

Google seems to have only sales - no reviews or company sites.

Then there is the text: "(Request me) if you are looking anything, please tell me[.]"

"Before bidding please check your country laws as some countries Custom don't allow this."

"We SHIP within 24 hours after receiving complete payment but this can be delayed due to weekends or Governments and Religious Festivals."

Lots of random pattern "Damascus."

Feedback includes claims knives sent direct from Pakistan.

Anyone from OZ ever heard of this lot?

p

Last edited:
Nope... they only appear to be on ebay and like sales platforms. Even the language used in the ebay listings leads me to believe English is a distant second language (not that that is an offence). My guess is that for the purposes of residence and using eaby the seller is Australian based but the knives are clearly not made here. I have not seen them at any of the knife shows either.

It's a scam.

I just saw one of their listings for a damascus drop point priced at $40.

Basic damascus sells for around $15 - $20 an inch.

There is no way these are legitimate knives.

It's not a 'scam' inasmuch as they will send you a knife shaped piece of metal with a place for your hand..

But did you really need to ask? Does anyone? 40 dollar damascus on ebay.. has to be legit, right?

"Though a rhetorical question does not require a direct answer, in many cases it may be intended to start a discussion or at least draw an acknowledgement that the listener understands the intended message."

If no one needed to know, this species of vulture would not be in business.

up for Red Alert on " Murt Art" "custom" knives :cool:

"If you are not satisfied with our service please contact us before leaving any negative or natural feedback."

"(Request me) if you are looking anything, please tell me[.]"

Why are you being so picky? :( After all, they offer you "request me if you looking anything"; now there's a 5 star service. :rolleyes: They also apparently have no objection to "unnatural" feedback. :p Their prices are super for Damascus, they only ask that you are patient around their Australian religious festivals. ;)

what I hate on the bay is when you type in descriptive words like "Custom" in a search all you get is all these crappy Pakistan junk knives

have seen these and they look like all the other junk knives on the bay. I truly feel bad for those that buy this stuff and there must be a lot because there a endless pages of them on the bay.

More on "AUK USA."

Primary seller - all eBay- is "Phillyblades." The facebook page for that business is : "Phillyblades
Outdoor Equipment Store in Wazirabad."

older eBay listings: "USA PhillyBlades Custom Handmade Damascus Steel Tactical .... Wazirabad, Wazirabad, Pakistan "

"Handmade Wazirabad Damascus Full Tang Chef's Fixed Blade Kitchen Knife."

Other eBay sellers of "AUK USA" knives are also located in Wazirabad

Just maybe, not a USA company, do you think?

"22” Custom Handmade Damascus Steel Skinning Camping Tanto Knife Rosewood AUK 99 ...
THIS BLADE IS HAND FORGED WITH 1095 AND 15N20 HIGH AND LOW CARBON STEEL WITH OVER 256+ LAYERS.THIS BLADE IS UP TO 58 H R C ON ROCKWELL SCALE WHICH HOLDS THE SHARPNESS FOR LONG TIME AND CAN BE USED FOR TOUGH WORK. We also accept wholesale orders" :rolleyes:

At least they are inept.:thumbsup:

RING-RING

"Hello, Farood speaking, Wazirabad Knife."

"Was there a bad knife? Yes, they're horrible! I want a refund."

Phillyblades
Shipping Headquarter Address
12728 Knights Rd

Philadelphia, PA 19154

Owner Siddiq Mohammad U / Siddiq Mohammad F
Zoning

RSA4

· Estimated Home Value $208,800

· County Philadelphia County

· Property Type Row house (Residential)

· Building Area 900 Sqft

· Lot Size 2,196Sqft

· Year Built 1965

· Last Sale Price $185,000

· Last Sale Date 06/06/2008

· Basement Partial Basement

· Construction Type Masonry

· Garage Type Attached Garage

· Garage # of Cars 1

PUBLIC RECORD - Built in 1965, this row house (residential) house at 12728 Knights Rd, Philadelphia PA, 19154 is approximately 900 square feet

Phillylbades Photographer

Awais Cheema
Experience
products photography
philly blades
March 2018 – Present 8 months
Wazirabad

Back