1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Any Ideal on the next sprint run?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by bfwhite, Jan 28, 2013.

1. bfwhite

bfwhite

Jan 7, 2013
    As the title says, anyone have an ideal as to what the next sprint run will be? When? I would like to get in on a sprint run at least once.

2. salmonkiller

salmonkiller

Dec 9, 2006
    Try to grab a Caly 3 superblue they are out there right now if you look a little...

3. Eastwood

Eastwood

Oct 23, 2012
    I want a toxic green Tenacious with a black blade, plain edge.

4. Blade and Flame

Blade and Flame

Nov 15, 2012
    Yes, the Caly 3 in Super Blue is probably your best best for a current spring. The first wave is getting scarce, but there might be a second shipment in the near future.

5. zl1

zl1

Nov 24, 2012
    I think there's a S90v CF Yojimbo 2 coming up
    I'm pretty interested myself
    I went ahead and ordered a Native 5 since the regular Yoj2's are still oos

6. EagleScouter

EagleScouter

Jun 18, 2011
    I don't think the S90V Yojimbo will be out until Q3.

7. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    What? Nope. :)

When? Other than those in the 2013 catalog or already committed to dealers like the S90V Yo2, not soon. Spyderco is going to concentrate on clearing up the backlog for existing production commitments first. :)

8. The Deacon

The Deacon

Apr 27, 2003
    Black bladed Perrin Street Bowie just showed up on Spyderco's website, so it may be the next Sprint to hit dealer shelves.

9. BenLong1018

BenLong1018

Apr 12, 2012
    There's also gonna be an S90V Manix 2 XL in CF as well.

10. JD Spydo

JD Spydo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2004
    I personally want to start seeing Sprint Runs on Spyderedged models. For instance one of the greatest and best all time Spyderco serrated models was the original C-60 Ayoob model in full Spyderedge. Everytime I see a thread arise about what most guys think is the best Spyderedged blade from the past I hear many guys including my old pal Doc Snubnose say that the C-60 Ayoob model in Spyderedge is truly a beast.

But that's not the only model I would like to see them do a Sprint Run in Spyderedge>> I would also like to see the C-111 Captain, The Superhawk, The C-54 Calypso, The Dodo and even to bring back the C-52 Caly Jr. in Spyderedge would be cool as well.

For the life of me I can't figure out why they didn't do a few of the G-10 Sprint Run of the C-60 in Spyderedge :confused: And one that's even more confusing than that is why they never offered the Superhawk Hawkbill blade in Spyderedge is completely beyond me :confused:

What the C-111 Captain would be like in Spyderedge is even sort of scary to think about :cool:>> The Dodo model is probably the best small bladed Spyderedge model they ever did and why they didn't offer up a few of them in Spyderedge when they've done those recent Sprints just baffles me to no end. But there are even more models I would like to see in Spyderedge but those are at the top of my list.

11. bdmicarta

bdmicarta Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2012
    I think you are probably right in general, at least for Colorado production. OTOH they can still produce sprint models from other production facilities.

Some people get hung up over the term "sprint" vs. "exclusive". If you check the various online knife specialty retailers you will find that there are a lot of new models listed here or there. Some might be available now, others will come up for pre-order later. Once released for order they can go fast, sometimes really fast. IIRC some of the paramilitary 2 sprints sold out in a week or so early in last year. It doesn't hurt to check this forum frequently, and check the online retailer's sites too.

(placeholder for signature- just call me Spydernation #0011)

12. metsfan

metsfan Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The carbon fiber, s110v Native 5 will be my first sprint if I can acquire the funds on its release

13. Enkidude

Enkidude

Jan 26, 2013
    Currently "available" are the Caly 3 super blue and the brown g-10 Calypso. Next up will most likely be the OD green Goddard lightweight and the Lum Tanto fixed blade.
    The street bowie is not a sprint run, its a regular production model. The Yojimbo in carbon fiber and S90V is a dealer exclusive as well as the Manix XL in carbon fiber and S90V.

14. EZ Bake

EZ Bake

Mar 5, 2009
    This!!!!!

15. bfwhite

bfwhite

Jan 7, 2013
    I will look at the caly3.

16. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    Actually, that's a good point - there are a LOT of "limited" knives on one particular vendor's website that aren't in the catalog as official sprints. Whether these are sprints or exclusives is mostly academic (other than the possibility of second runs of exclusives, which isn't supposed to happen with factory sprints). So...who knows. :) We wait and see...

17. Locutus D'Borg

Locutus D'Borg

Dec 1, 2012
    There are still Caly 3 with damascus blade and CF scales (sprint run) available at Knifeworks and BladeHQ. But they are going quickly...I just bought one.

18. xICEMANx

xICEMANx Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2012
    I could go for a Southard with say carbon fiber scales or all titanium would be hot

19. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    cf & s90v! :D And yes, I know that's getting to be "old school"... :)

20. berserk87

berserk87

Sep 16, 2009
    I would guess that a serrated Captain would awkward to grind due to the fact that there are 2 different cutting edges at almost a right angle to one another. Spyderco would have to figure out a cutoff point for the serrations to begin and end on each edge. I'm not sure how they would do that.