1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any ideas for the next Group Buy?

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Lady1911, May 5, 2018.

1. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    With the success of the recent Hiking Buddy group buy, I was wondering if there are any plans in the works for another one. Andy, Phillip, and Crew did a fantastic job whittling down the options for steel and scale combinations, and it seemed that all participants walked away with a beautiful knife that they played a part in creating. It was a great feeling, and I’m hoping to see another one soon.

The popularity, usefulness, and aesthetics of the Hiking Buddy made it a perfect candidate for a group buy. Choosing a model with similar attributes will be tough, but I’d personally love to see a Lil Lady, Ladyfinger, or Bush/Baby Boot option.

Any thoughts? ;)

Choppaman, Fiddleback and Nbrackett like this.
  2. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator

Oct 19, 2005
    Im excited to hear what yall are interested in as well.

Lady1911 likes this.
  3. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Sets or singles your choice. That sounds cool.

Lady1911 likes this.
  4. David L

David L Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Woot Woot!! I really think we should do some kind of a poll so that the majority can win. Maybe pic our top 3 - first choice is worth 3 points second 2 and third 1. Just throwing that out there because some of us might have an obscure first choice but a more common second or third. For instance I would love to see a Shaman in a ultra thin AEB-L but I bet my second or third choices would be a little more mainstream. For me the top 3 today would be
    1. Bushnub in something close to 1/8" Stainless
    2. Shaman in something close to 3/32" Stainless
    3. Gaucho in something close to 3/32" Stainless

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    Tutone, burnside and Lady1911 like this.
  5. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Monarch group buy

burnside and Lady1911 like this.
  6. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    My vote is for a Bushboot! :D

7. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    I was thinking we shoild offer more wood choices this time.

8. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Ooohhh!!! Sets would be very cool. We'd need fair warning, though, just to get the finances set up for it...;)

I think 3/32", AEB-L .118 or thinner would prevail, especially on the smaller models.
    My primary vote would probably be for the Lil/Lady Finger combo in wood (goncalo alves, osage, snakewood, etc). A girl can dream....:rolleyes:
    A Bush-Baby Boot set also sounds amazing! With SWEDGES!!!

For singles, I'd stick with my top 3:
    1-Lil Lady
    2-Ladyfinger (new or old school, as long as the handles were skinny slim)
    3-Babyboot (with eleventymillion pinout, optional ;)) or Bushboot

Even if popular opinion doesn't exactly align with my favorites, I'm game for trying something new. :thumbsup:

Fiddleback and Nbrackett like this.
  9. Dritios

Dritios Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 4, 2017
    I like the Lil Lady idea

Lady1911 likes this.
  10. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Sirupate

Aias, Odaon and jaz322 like this.
  11. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    Would love to see a run of an iconic larger model like the Duke, Fighter, or Bishop!

Lady1911 likes this.
  12. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    You put in post my exact thoughts. :thumbsup:

Oyster and Lady1911 like this.
  13. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Thinner than .119 AEB-L. A DIW with black/lime option would be nice. Maybe that sexy new orange with black/white?

I truly believe the Bushnub is an under appreciated model that has a super useful/capable blade and a comfortable handle. The Bushfinger has been referred to ask King of the Fiddlebacks but the Bushnub in a smaller edc sized version just doesn't seem to get recognition of its attributes. So I was happy to see the Bushnub mentioned above. Between the choice of a Bushnub or Handyman, the Bushnub honestly get my vote. The reservation I'd have on voting Bushnub though is that it feels like it would be a vote for Ross Perot unfortunately. That said, I'd have to go for the Handyman.

Or better yet, how about a Mini Gaucho??? The Gaucho has a blade just over 4" and an OAL of 8 3/4". If it could be scaled down nicely to have a blade around 3 1/2" and an OAL of 7 1/2" that would be something else I think. Sorry for the tangent here but this model variation has been on my mind for a while and after carrying the Gaucho a few days last week, it is SO useful but just doesn't get my carry time due to the size.

1jay, David L, Lady1911 and 1 other person like this.
  14. TXGatorbait

TXGatorbait Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 24, 2016
    I’d be all over a DI Guacho and/or Handyman!

Lady1911 likes this.
  15. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    LOL, VANCE, that's awesome.

16. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    $800 flat rate...shipping included:D

jaz322 likes this.
  17. ty_higg

ty_higg Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2011
    I'd love to see like a monarch, handyman, or shaman!

schmittie and burnside like this.
  18. David L

David L Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2018
    I had to change my choices a little after some thought so now I stand no chance of one of my favorites winning. I have a handyman I really like and don't really need another although a ultra thin stainless snakewood would twist my arm, probably a few other wood options would as well.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Fiddleback likes this.
  19. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    3/32 AEB-L in a lot of models would interest me... I would say that I wouldn't be committing to any group buy until a bit after Blade Show. Saving up now and will need some recoup time after haha!

I think a Handyman and Gaucho would both interest me depending on handle options.

Lady1911 likes this.
  20. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I changed my mind.

3/32 AEB-L OS Karda.

That's my vote!

Kirkwood, burnside, NoRest and 2 others like this.