1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 17 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KaBar Becker BK 15 Mini Camp!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK 15, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 27; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Any ideas for the next Group Buy?

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Lady1911, May 5, 2018.

1. tphill

tphill Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 22, 2015
    I'm back to wanting a Duke, with some kind of burl wood.

CAD likes this.
  2. CAD

CAD

Jan 11, 2006
    @VANCE will the custom shop GB be reground?

Thanks
    Chris D.:)

3. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    they will not

4. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    3.Black Ash Burl over black liners & orange pinstripes

Anyone have an example of this combo? The orange will be the deciding factor for me in the GB tomorrow, so if anyone has a pic of the Black Ash Burl with orange, I’d appreciate it.

5. tphill

tphill Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 22, 2015
    That is my handle choice! On a Duke.

Lady1911 likes this.
  6. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
  7. SLOsmokin

SLOsmokin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    NoRest and Lady1911 like this.
  8. Lady1911

Jan 31, 2018
  9. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
  10. SLOsmokin

Feb 20, 2018
    I’m stuck, both camp and Kephart are on my wanted list..... I will probably make my mind up 10seconds before I hit. “Post reply”

Curl of the Burl and Lady1911 like this.
  11. Lady1911

Jan 31, 2018
    I use the snot out of my Kephart, for what it’s worth. It stays in my little “bushcraft bag” with a firebox stove and fire kit. I’ve batoned with it, shaved feather sticks and fatwood, etc. The blade shape is great, and it’s a good all-purpose knife for around camp.

I’m still torn on handle options for my knife of choice. Leaning toward black ash, but I do love some nice DIW....ugh! ;)

Nbrackett likes this.
  12. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    This is a tough one for me. I've been wanting a Camp knife for a while and I've been watching for the right one. I'm not sure if I'll like the stainless over the A2. I really like the spalting on the A2. And the Camp knife has a huge blade with lots of spalting. I guess I'll be thinking about it all day to try and make up my mind. That black ash burl is sweet!

Lady1911 and Nbrackett like this.
  13. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    @VANCE Do these come with a sheath like the production models?

14. SLOsmokin

Feb 20, 2018
    I hear you @NoRest I love spalting, but 3v is a badass steel...

@Lady1911 if only my knife purchasing was based off logic, half my criteria is based off what I think will be “fun” to play with.

What a lovely problem to have.

Lady1911 and NoRest like this.
  15. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    Yes
    They will come with sheaths..
    Im waiting on some Duke sheaths(i only have a couple) so there might a delay if we have a big call on them...but it wont delay whomever from getting the knife

SLOsmokin, Nbrackett and NoRest like this.
  16. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Choosing handle for the Duke is a quandry- he is all business and a matte stainless, so natural canvas suits his personality. But Osage is a great alternative to NC in a wood. Then there is that awesome burl- but maybe it is like white sox with brown dress shoes??

Isn't it nice to be saddled with such a tough choice? ;)

Bill

17. Lady1911

Jan 31, 2018
    I like the way you perfectly described it as “white socks with brown dress shoes.” :D Maybe so, or maybe it won’t even matter in the big scheme of things. But even though I didn’t have your words to describe it, that’s exactly why I had my doubts. A nice burly burl can make a knife look great, no matter how it’s lined/striped.

VANCE and CAD like this.
  18. lmalterna

Dec 12, 2002
    ;) My wife nags me as I wear white socks with everything !! LOL

Tan short, white socks and black running shoes. I have no style whatsoever.

Bill

Nbrackett, VANCE and Lady1911 like this.
  19. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    :D:D:D

i have on flannel pj britches & a camo shirt(SORRY for the visual)

Nbrackett and Lady1911 like this.
  20. lmalterna

Dec 12, 2002
    At least it is not tighty whities and a bag of cheetos.
    Bill

Lady1911 likes this.