Any Love for Orange Blossom lobsters?

Charles, I also have a Keen Kutter
KEEN%20KUTTER%20GN%20STK%20LOB.jpg

New York Knife Co made a serpentine sleeveboard lobster etched ORANGE BLOSSOM. Named for the 124th New York Volunteer Infantry The 'Orange Blossom" Regiment, who fought in the Civil War. It came in bone and pearl.
NYK%20ORANGE%20BLOSSOM.jpg
ORANGE%20BLOSSOM%20ETCHED.jpg

Now here is one that poses questions. Marked W.R Case & Sons on all blades with stag scales, but I cannot find this pattern in any of my Case references, Nice knife though with interesting secondary blades and IMO an Orange Blossom pattern. Charles

View attachment 254517View attachment 254518

Thanks for sharing Charles. I am enjoying your postings. Keep them flowing. I recently found a gentleman knife and thought for a second I had found an Orange Blossom, but it was not to be.

Thanks for all the fine images. This has been my off to bed thread for a week now. Beautiful.

Rob

Charles, Moore - Handley Hardware was founded in Birmingham, AL and they are still in business south of town as "HomeCrafters, Inc." I don't know how they've managed to stay in business with multiple Home Depot and Lowes scattered around.

That Moore - Handley gunstock lobster would be highly desired by any of our local collectors, myself included.

I don't think they marketed any folding knives after about 1962, or so.

This is a great thread, by the way.

Charlie, thanks for the additional information on the M-H and your comments on the thread. I sent you a PM.

Charles

Here is my latest addition, a stag Remington with milled nickel silver liners. Knife is in excellent condition except for a couple of pin cracks on each side at the big end. Charles

View attachment 261461View attachment 261462View attachment 261463View attachment 261464View attachment 261465

I found a Remington 'orange-blossom lobster' yesterday at an antique mall in Virginia. It has milled liners, sunken joints, and stag handles (all odd for Remington). Pattern number is R6456. Beautiful design. Mine is missing one of the small blades (snapped off), but still a worthy knife. WOOT! I'll post photos when I'm back from traveling.

Wow I had forgotten about this thread. Thanks for bringing it back to life. I look forward to your photos.

Here are a few more that I'm reposting with John's photos;
New York Knife Orange Blossom
clNYKnifeCoOrangeBlossomweb1.jpg

HICKORY gunstock whittler lobster Orange Blossom (made by Napanoch)
lambhickory1.jpg

A.J.Jordan
lambjordan1.jpg

lambjordan2.jpg

Remington
lambremington1.jpg

lambremington4.jpg

Robeson Shuredge
lambrobeson1.jpg

lambrobeson3.jpg

Back