Any love for the 950 rift

I just got one last week and been carrying it ever since. I love that the blade is almost as long as the handle. More often than not folders have too much handle and not enough blade! Great knife!

I think the 950 gets mentioned quite often. One of my favorite blades.

I got mine for my first fathers day gift last year. Its without a doubt in my top 5 if not 3 benchmades. A m390 rift would bump it to no.1 over my 581.

I got mine for my first fathers day gift last year. Its without a doubt in my top 5 if not 3 benchmades. A m390 rift would bump it to no.1 over my 581.

M390 rift would be really nice! I do not have one at the moment, but that will change soon.

I think the Rift is awesome.
Especially the M4 CF scaled BM Forum knife version.
Sweet!

This thread made me think of this, you pretty much can't go wrong with any Osborne blade ;)

Love that photo! I remember looking through an issue of Outdoors or Backpacker and seeing that. Sure enough, I became a Rift owner shortly thereafter lol.

Love the rift i have two. One i bought and the other was a gift. Just wish it came with a deep carry pocket clip.

The Rift was my first exposure to Benchmade's Reverse Tanto design. In addition to the Rift being an esthetically pleasing knife. I soon started to see the real value of the blade design while using it.

In short, the piercing power and tip strength of a tanto with the exceptional slicing afforded by the large bellied blade with absolutely no trade off or down side. it really is the best of both worlds. Couple all that with the AXIS lock and you have a real winner!

The knife as a whole is very well thought out and executed. My only complaint at the time was that I prefer a larger blade but that need was filled later with the Contego. Although very similar the Rift has a personality of it's own and I will always regard it as one of BM's more exceptional knives.

No love for the Rift?

Dude if you search there are a ton of threads. The Rift kicks butt. I think that it will be an iconic knife like the 940 and the 710 after a few years.

Here's mine.
950bkrift8.jpg

One of the best blade style. I dig the reverse Tanto blade. Definitely will get another in better steel than my 154 CM and hopefully in satin finish with cf handle.

Cheers.

Back