1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!
  3. Hey folks! We were alerted to a bug where several hundred members somehow got permanent paid memberships. We're going through and correcting that now. Somehow some of you somehow got yeaaaaaaars of free memberships, and, well, it happens. If your membership accidentally is turned off please post in the Service & Support forum thread with your transaction ID and I'll fix it

Any Photos of the new Coating's being offered by Busse

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by TommyGun56, Jun 16, 2017.

1. ExtraBaconPlease

ExtraBaconPlease Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2016
    I think this is Desert Bronze. From the GartHOGanzaaa

2. inspector-callahan

inspector-callahan Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Awesomeness thank you! I was wondering how that would look and now I know. That's what I'll be ordering! Thanks so much![/QUOTE]

No problem! Admittedly, the blue blade is difficult to photograph well. The light glare can make it look lighter or darker than it seems to the naked eye. Also, as I noticed at the show, the grip color makes the blue blade look more or less blue. I held a black G10 handle version and you could really see the contrast better than you can see with blue handles. The blue handles make the blade seem more black, which it isn't. It's just a darker blue than the handles on my knives. It's a cool looking blade coating, and this comes from a guy who hates coated blades.

hydeinmind likes this.
  3. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015
    ^ This is great info to have thanks so much @inspector-callahan ! Really appreciate the info. Really looked grey to me at first. Not a coating lover myself but if I have to get it probably be going this route or hammered silver because I love those bruiser slabs. It really looks lighter on your blades then in the gaza pics and I bet your right it's res c vs bruiser handles making the difference. Thanks again for the info and pics!