Any Robeson Fans?

HEMI 49

Gold Member
I'm fortunate to live about 10 minutes away from Tom Kalcevic who is a well regarded authority on Robeson knives and history.... He recently authored a booklet on the company and family....

He'd like to get some copies in the hands of Robeson fans and collectors... I have about 20 copies to distribute free of charge.... Send me your address and I'll get a copy in the mail to you by next week.... First come until I run out...
Send address to bkmorris49@yahoo.com

This is very generous of you. Email sent, thanks!

wqothtJ.jpg

X6xOoc3.jpg

I'm fortunate to live about 10 minutes away from Tom Kalcevic who is a well regarded authority on Robeson knives and history.... He recently authored a booklet on the company and family....

He'd like to get some copies in the hands of Robeson fans and collectors... I have about 20 copies to distribute free of charge.... Send me your address and I'll get a copy in the mail to you by next week.... First come until I run out...
Send address to bkmorris49@yahoo.com
Addy sent!!
Thanks very much, (is it Brent??)!!!!
Charlie

Love the knives (had a two blade stamped "Sure Edge" with a "Pocket-Eze" shield. (it did have hidden/sunken tangs) "Texas Jack" from c.1910~1917) but it was lost during my last move. 🥺🥺🥺😭😭☹️
Replacing it is not a viable option since I had the stroke. ☹️

I'd like the booklet, but will stay out so someone that is able to collect them can get it. 😁👍

Id like a booklet, i only have a couple robesons. I love any cutlery history i can get. Ill pm you my addess

One day I was mousing around on BF looking for something...... Up pops a name, Tom Kalcevic, with an Avon, NY address...... (Avon is a couple towns south of me and where I buy groceries and occasionally grab a burger at Tom Wahl's).... I did more mousing around and discovered the rich history of the man and his love for Robeson knives...... Tom has written at least 3 books on Robeson knives, 2 of which are no longer in print.....

Tom is one of the nicest men you'll ever meet.... We met for lunch and talked knives, particularly Robeson..... Tom is retired from Kodak, here in Rochester, and he spent his life living in the area where Robesons were made.... He spent years visiting every imaginable source for information on Robeson.....Town historians, Town libraries, census records, old newspapers, cemeteries, etc..... He even located some descendents of Millard Robeson and talked to to them....

Tom has a genuine interest in keeping Robeson collecting alive.... On his own dime he had the booklets printed, and wants to distribute them free of charge to people who have a love for vintage knives....

I would love a booklet, very generous of both of you. It’s great that we have these sources of knowledge available to us, it’s up to us to keep the knowledge alive and passed on to future generations.

I sent an email with my address earlier today. Thank you for making the generous offer. My father operated a well-stocked small town hardware store in Orange County,New York from 1944 until the mid-1970s when he sold it to a fellow who had been working for him for several years. As a youth during the early to mid-1950s I worked in the store part time. My father sold Robeson knives and, right in the front of the store was a large floor display. I can’t even think of how many hours I spent drooling over that display and how many times I was scolded for doing that when I was supposed to be doing a real task, such as dusting, stocking shelves, or sweeping the floor. I currently have one or two vintage Robesons and, over the years, have acquired and sold off a few more. My father could not afford to take real vacations but once or twice our family would spend half a week touring other parts of New York State. I have an extremely vague memory of visiting the Robeson factory during one of those brief trips but I cannot be sure that this is not fantasy. Also, I remember the knives in that floor case having black scales, but suspect that, also, is my imagination at work!

Brent, That sounds awesome, what can we do to help with the mailing costs of sending out 20 pamphlets, I would love to have a copy sent to my friend Paul Hilborn who has a few things he is going to send me.
Address sent, and thank you so much for this I am eager to read Tom's work!

I emailed as well, if any are still available. I've been on the hunt for a few years to find the other Kalcevic books, without any success. I'm told there is no better authority on Robeson information than those Kalcevic books.

Back