• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Any tips on dealing with HideAwayKnife.com?

Hi all, I am a new member to the forum, please let me know if I am doing anything wrong :p

I placed an order back in November of 2011 with hideawayknife.com. Trained with their knives once, looks pretty awesome.
3 months later - still no knife.

I have been emailing info@hideawayknife.com, a contact email they provide, and seems to be the only contact address available.
The guy keeps telling me he is coating and shipping and that he will ship my order in 2 days ... for the last 3 months.

Has anybody here order from them before? Are they still in business or are they just :jerkit:?

Thanks!

I heard they had SERIOUS customer service issues in the past, which had since been resolved, but custom knives are still typically on backorder for months. From what you're saying it sounds like you're dealing with an email automail reply which means your emails may still be unread. If you paid with PayPal or a credit card you can dispute the charge. If you paid with a USPS MO you can pay $5 for proof the MO was cashed before filing a claim for either lost MO or mail fraud. If you paid some other way you're out of luck.

The only way to deal with them is to not deal with them. If they cannot live up to a standard level of customer relations including basic communication, don't give them your money.

Thanks for the advice... Seems like they had a reputation of horrible service already!

I chose the knives and product that they have in stock already, at least that's what they claim, so I was really confused about the wait.

Any suggestions to where else I can find knives like these, perhaps a place with better service?

I'd steer you towards a Fred Perrin LaGriffe, or one of the inexpensive commercial versions from Boker.

Highly unreliable business. See if you can recover your money through bank or credit card.

Perrin LaGriffe in custom or production version, or Emerson LaGriffe, are better knives and available from dealers.

Back