Any Word on the Military 2?

Mine should be delivered on Wednesday. I'll give impressions then and compare it to my regular liner lock Military in S110V.

Looks like a complete winner with the compression lock and the option to move the clip location all without radically changing from the original design.

Spent yesterday and most of today using the military 2! I usually take my PM2/Para 3s down(without undoing the flared tube/scale joint) after purchase to clean, Lube, And tune to my liking.

This knife was perfect OOTB but slowly started to get lock stick during use, Yes the screws were still tight! So I decided to tear down all the way to answer a few questions. First the spacers, Stop pin, And lanyard tube "look" to be identical to the Paramilitary 2. The machined detent ball track... interesting! It's hard to describe, Not quite able to feel with fingernail, But most certainly there! Then there's the compression lock itself, Seems to be a lot of metal deformation for such low time! Time will tell.

I have another Knives Plus black Stainless hardware set(used one recently to add AWT scales to PM2) with Spacers and stop pin! I'll try that tomorrow and see if everything works on reassembly!

This knife is nice! I was on the fence on changing clip to tip up, Felt perfect once I did. The ergonomics are similar to the OG Military but once you change the clip, It becomes the Military 2. Also the lack of cutout for Liner lock and the space for compression lock make this knife different in hand.

IMG_20230711_201425_(2800_x_1575_pixel).jpgIMG_20230711_201258_(1856_x_3300_pixel).jpgIMG_20230711_201410_(2800_x_1575_pixel).jpgIMG_20230711_201354_(2800_x_1575_pixel).jpg

My dream of a knife. Will definitely be scoring one in the future, but preferably in a tool steel! Cruwear Millie 2 is what we need.

However the only Military I currently have is an old school CPM-440V one, will be a great look at the old vs the new.

I look forward to a report from DA170 on the compatibility of the PM2 hardware. I also appreciate the pictures. I love photos of stripped down Spydies.

Had time this morning to reassemble Military 2 using OEM parts from BHQ Jade G10 DLC M4 PM2. The pivot is larger on M2 but Stop pin, Barrel spacer, Lanyard tube, And Clip screws are the same! The knife went back together perfectly with the PM2 hardware, Even pressing the scales back over the flared tube.
IMG_20230714_113043_(2000_x_1125_pixel).jpgIMG_20230714_112959_(20_x_35_cm).jpgIMG_20230714_112944_(20_x_35_cm).jpgIMG_20230714_112931_(2000_x_1125_pixel).jpgIMG_20230714_112909_(20_x_35_cm).jpgIMG_20230714_112858_(20_x_35_cm).jpg

That detent track is interesting. I don't understand exactly what the purpose of it is, though.

Is it sloped like an extremely long detent ramp?

Thanks for the video. Eric's explanation is pretty vague, though. It sounds like it's just about the surface finish? I don't see any indication that it's a sloped surface.
It's not a sloped surface and I had a hard time feeling anything with my fingernail! I'd describe it as a machined polished detent ball track.

It's not a sloped surface and I had a hard time feeling anything with my fingernail! I'd describe it as a machined polished detent ball track.
If it's smoother than the satin blade finish, I'd call that a win.

Thanks for the response!

RC BladeWorks has Micarta scales made for Military 2 in stock...Ordered a set to try!

I’m struggling on this one. I like military how it is, maybe I’m older and stuck in my ways.
I don’t see the draw or advantages on the compression lock.

I do like the compression lock on the Kapara, Caribbean and pm3.
I would be interested to see what you guys say about it compared to m1. Comments if there is anything particularly beneficial or is it just different.

I’m struggling on this one. I like military how it is, maybe I’m older and stuck in my ways.
I don’t see the draw or advantages on the compression lock.

I do like the compression lock on the Kapara, Caribbean and pm3.
I would be interested to see what you guys say about it compared to m1. Comments if there is anything particularly beneficial or is it just different.
I love my PM2 (my favorite and most trusted folder ever) but sometimes would like a longer blade. I never previously bought a Military because I have carried tip up for over 25 years and just set in my ways. The lock really wasn’t a deciding factor for me. If I like the M2 even almost as much as my PM2 I will be very pleased. Just my own .02

Back