Any Word on the Military 2?

Finally got around to putting the RC BladeWorks scales on the Military 2, Though my son wants it now! I had some barrel spacers and stop pin from Yojumbo (they work too) to finish off the black hardware! These scales should look good once they take on the natural oils.
IMG_20230806_135232_(2100_x_1181_pixel).jpgIMG_20230806_135252_(2100_x_1181_pixel).jpgIMG_20230806_135314_(2300_x_1294_pixel).jpgIMG_20230806_135330_(20_x_35_cm).jpgIMG_20230806_135341_(20_x_35_cm).jpg

I got an email notification today that my M2 has shipped! Really looking forward to getting it.
I got the knife yesterday and been carrying it today. It is really nice. Fit/finish great and came super sharp. I don’t know that it will become my favorite folder over the PM2, but I sure like it.

At this moment, there are Military 2's available for sale on Spyderco's website.

Was tempted to buy one but I'm still "fasting." ;)

Last edited:
Yesterday I went to my local knife shop and was able to put hands on the M2 and compare it directly with the Millie that was in my pocket.

First impression of the M2 is NICE! I do like the small upgrades to the handle but they are so subtle that when your hand is not in the new choil the feel is all military. The change to the choil is a little more noticable and feels like the PM2 choil. When choked up it feels like a PM2 with a military blade. Its super smooth to open and has that “drop-shutty” close everyone loves about the compression lock.

The comp lock… such a great lock…

…for anyone else. I am a lefty/ambi. I can use the military liner lock with either hand. The generous cut out allows me to easily push or pull the liner with either thumb. My standard carry is the lefty military, but I frequently carry righty sprint versions.

The comp lock on the M2 has a bigger cut out and a bigger tab than the PM2. I was so hoping that it would work for me. In my right hand its awesome. In my left hand its very awkward. The grip needed to disengage the lock with my left thumb feels very insecure/unsafe, like I am going to cut myself or drop the knife. I think switching the clip to left side carry would probably help by creating some additional surface area for me to grip with my fingers.

So to sum it up. If you love the comp lock, love the military ergos and size, but didnt carry it because of the liner lock/single position clip, then the military 2 is gonna be your new favorite knife

If Sal makes a lefty M2. I am all in…

Sal Glesser Sal Glesser is there any possibility of a lefty M2 in the future?

Back