1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Anybody else sick of low ball offers??

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Allen R., Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Locutus D'Borg

Locutus D'Borg

Dec 1, 2012
    Low balls don't bother me at all. I find them humorous.

2. Allen R.

Allen R.

Nov 1, 2011
    Some of them are very funny , thats why I keep mentioning used shoes I actually got offered an old pair of shoes for I think it was a super commander or a super roadhouse or might of even been one of my SMFs, but, on the flip side like others have posted some people don't know the value of their knives and their is always gonna be someone there to try and get over on them. That's why I posted the original post when I get a ridiculous offer I save the email, and going back and looking it seems to be the same people doing it over and over.

3. NCCNC

NCCNC

Jan 26, 2013
    I respond to all lowball offers the same way. "Thank you for your time and offer, but I will have I pass."

4. jimh0220

jimh0220

Apr 15, 2008
    Exactly. Play nice, and everybody likes it. Nobody is trying to insult you. :thumbup:

5. jimh0220

jimh0220

Apr 15, 2008
    big_balls.jpg

Low Ball offer

6. Allen R.

Allen R.

Nov 1, 2011
    nevermind

7. Shaerk

Shaerk

Mar 1, 2013
    Three words... Free Market Society. It works both ways. We all have free will, but, should respect the Forum by being courteous to one another.

8. rayban

rayban

Apr 14, 2007
    That's right, even the guy who offered you the pair of used shoes, he apparently sensed you may need some.

9. Allen R.

Allen R.

Nov 1, 2011
    Maybe I worded my Op wrong the point I was trying to make is a lot of people on here either lurk or have no post count and only use the exchange, then you post a knife up and they send you a ridiculous offer, sure you can say no thank you and move on , but when it's the same people doing it ,over and over it gets annoying. Another point I was trying to hit on is are said people trying to scam others because they think they don't know what they have? Post #7 is a perfect example of this but luckily the guy ran into an honest member and not some of the people who email me, and to all that wanna throw insults at me keep em coming I'll be here all week, or month or year , I'm on here daily so yea you get the idea.

10. cncpro11

cncpro11

May 28, 2012
    I am glad to receive offers on any knife I put up for sale or trade. What I get sick of is not getting any offers at all and then having to wait 2 weeks to re post.

Other than you being insulted because folks may not place as high a value in a knife as you do, I don't see the point if this thread.

Ya know, I could add one more thing. I once accepted a trade for a knife that you might consider a lowball and ended up becoming very good friends with the guy, which is something I value much more than a knife.

11. ptradeco

ptradeco Gold Member Gold Member

May 26, 2010
    I don't mind low ball offers at all. I would rather have them than none. Who knows what I might do. If I was really in love with the piece it would not be for sale:D

12. HwangJino

HwangJino

Dec 2, 2012
    I used to sell aquarium fish online and got many many low ball offers.

best to ignore them.

13. pwerfel

pwerfel Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Hi Allen,

A deer , a skunk and a giraffe ordered drinks at a bar.. When the bill came, The deer said "I cant' pay, i don't have a buck"
    The skunk said" I cant pay, I don't have a cent"
    And the Giraffe said: "I guess the high balls are on me"

Have a good night

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  14. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    I think....and thats the key word......think....I get what allen is saying. He is saying there are members here who dont really participate except to low ball people here selling and trading and some also flip those low ball gotten knives for top dollar. Am I close?

I dont really sell or trade here....so its a non issue for myself....but I c ould see how this would be very annoying weeding through the horse traders emails and pms to get to the legitimate offers. Course this is one of the problems with a free market. You cant stop it....you just have to shake your head and accept it.

15. jimh0220

jimh0220

Apr 15, 2008
    The other thing to consider if you are continuously 'lowballed' on offers is what your expectations of what your stuff is worth. You might be the one off the mark. We all like our stuff. We have owned it, bought it at retail usually, and enjoyed it. It's worth sentimental value to us, but not to others. When everyone offers you a much lower price or what you perceive to be lesser valued trades, you are probably overpricing your item. People say, well, they are listing them on Ebay at that amount (listing, but not selling), or it's blank percent of retail. Problem is there's no magic formula, just what people will pay.
    You're hell bent (obviously) on convincing everyone that there's some big scam on the exchange to lowball people. I've sold plenty of knives recently, bought a few, and traded a ton n here. Never been scammed, or screwed on a deal. Offered things and prices that were low, sure. But I just politely declined and moved on. You may want to adjust your thinking or just stop doing business on BF and stick to posting. It seems that the exchange doesn't work for your way of thinking.

16. jimh0220

jimh0220

Apr 15, 2008
    Thanks for making my night!!! You rock!

17. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    One of my favorites was a guy who was offering me two high quality knives that, combined, were worth more than the knife I was trading.

They were in a style, and from a manufacturer I was not interested in. I did not want to trade for his stuff, and pay shipping etc, just to have to spend my time trying to sell them.

I told him I was not interested in that trade, but thanks for the offer. He was pretty pissed at me! He got all offended and told me I obviously had no idea what he was offering, and to take another look. He was pretty persistent.

Another fun one was a guy trying to sell me a knife made by my uncle.

It was a cool knife because it was made by my Uncle. It had a bit of history that would be interesting only to family members.

He wanted a price about 5 times what the knife was worth. I told him the real value, and even though my uncle is deceased, there was not a huge demand for his pieces outside family members.

He was angry.

18. Allen R.

Allen R.

Nov 1, 2011
    I'm tired of a certain members comments in here Emma shut this thread down now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.