Anybody get the brouwer?

kingston73

Gold Member
Just got it yesterday and it’s pretty sweet. I’ll post some pictures later but it’s slim, light, and feels great in hand. I really like the simple, straight lines of it, no swoops or futuristic weirdness, almost like a sebenza. The only downside IMO is the clip placement, it’s nearly 1/3 down the scale so this one will definitely be getting a deep carry Lynch clip. I’m also not sure I would buy it at the full price, I managed to get mine from campsaver for $140 when they were on preorder. Pictures coming soon.

Just got it yesterday and it’s pretty sweet. I’ll post some pictures later but it’s slim, light, and feels great in hand. I really like the simple, straight lines of it, no swoops or futuristic weirdness, almost like a sebenza. The only downside IMO is the clip placement, it’s nearly 1/3 down the scale so this one will definitely be getting a deep carry Lynch clip. I’m also not sure I would buy it at the full price, I managed to get mine from campsaver for $140 when they were on preorder. Pictures coming soon.

How do you find it performs? I was wondering if I should pull the trigger on it myself, i like to just go for it in most cases but the price seems steep. The clip is an easy issue to deal with as you mentioned with an aftermarket Lynch or something similar. Is the blade long enough and thin enough to be a good slicer or is it more of a little workhorse? S30v doesn't put me off, it would be my 7th or 8th with the steel so although it would be nice if they continued their 204p green g10 combo like on the KW military but thats nit picky. Is the deployment hole a little too occluded or do you find it easy to get in and out?

I’ve only carried it a day but so far I’m liking it. Slicing seems to be about like a pm2, it’s not as thin as a delica but it’s thinner than a native. I don’t think the thumb hole is hidden, the scale contour guides your thumb to it. I do wonder of it’s overpriced though, at $140 it’s seems right, but as priced right now I probably wouldn’t buy it.

I’m still trying to make up my mind on it, I’ll use it a bit and see. Might end up selling it here in a week or two.

Last edited:
I like the way it looks and it seems that it would be a nice carry. But, as a lefty, I'm tired of all these frame locks on the wrong side. I'm in for the Smock, though.

I’m loving mine. Good slicer, nice ergos, easy to access the Spydie hole but you can’t get to the hole from behind. My favorite EDC knife is a small 21 and this is as close as Spyderco has ever come. If you disassemble and see how well the knife is made, the price makes more sense.

I hated the stock clip and had a short Lynch so...
01E2556F-158B-42CA-A1E8-DAD7727A53B1.jpeg 21F03F49-77D3-4811-8006-25F4E07E849D.jpeg

I’m loving mine. Good slicer, nice ergos, easy to access the Spydie hole but you can’t get to the hole from behind. My favorite EDC knife is a small 21 and this is as close as Spyderco has ever come. If you disassemble and see how well the knife is made, the price makes more sense.

I hated the stock clip and had a short Lynch so...
View attachment 994956 View attachment 994957
This looks tempting!

I think this is the sleeper of the year. From everything I’ve seen so far this nice has been executed nicely with means more to me than the materials used.

I will be stalking the exchange for one until I break down and order one at full price.

**Edit: however if this came out in any higher end steel I would have been cutting my bagels with it a week after release.

I had the opportunity to handle one of these yesterday at a local dealer. Felt great in the hand and the opening was incredibly smooth. I may have grabbed one, but they had a caly jr superblue in stock so I felt the need to pick up another as a back up.

To clarify: I think if you're good at Spydieflicking, you can Spydieflick this knife. I suck at it because my joints are a little stiff, but you can access the hole from the frame side enough to kick it out.

I got mine on Friday thru A site that offered a discount. Very pleased with it so far. Great size and very light. The pocket clip is a non-issue for me but could how a wire clip would’ve been a fit for this design.

The comparison to a Strider PT is pretty spot on. Cool little knife. I plan to keep it in my daily rotation until the Alistair comes out.

Before and after:
20181001_190029.jpg

20181001_192410.jpg

Hey Spydergirl88...got a pic of the Ti clip out of the pocket? Is that a Lynch? I'm sold on the Brouwer but only if I can find a deep carry clip.

I'm about thiiiiissssss close to pulling the trigger on one. Definitely needs a deep carry clip but I'm trying to talk myself out of dropping $200 on another 3" knife.

Isn't there something I could do better with my mad knife money?

And, for those who have one, how close in size are they to a CRK small Sebenza?

Last edited:
Back