Anybody know what happened with the logo contest?

look forward to hearing from you on the next phase of development. Congrats to the others chosen and to all who submitted, there were alot of nice designs
regards
gene

PS thank you ken for the support!

Is the knife still an integral part of the design?
I ask because the logo of mine that you showed has no knife...

Thanks for the consideration so far!
I'll be back with a tickle or two :)

Yes, a knife needs to be in the design, so please revise and present your final entries

OK Spark.
Three variations on the idea you liked, complete with knife and tag line.
When the logo is used really small, like on a business card or #11 envelope the tag line would have to be revised so it would remain large enough to read.
Hope you like them.
bflogo3_18_3_zpsd12471af.jpg

bflogo3_18_zpsf925d2ac.jpg

bflogo3_18_2_zps76129699.jpg

This would get my vote if you could space more between BLADE and FORUMS so the knife didn't rest on the lettering.

Everybody is an Art Director...
:p

NAH!
Just kidding. Thank you, Ed :)

I thought it looked a little too much like 3 individual thoughts without the pieces smashed together.
The integrity of the individual characters haven't been compromised. They still read as the letters (& words) they are.

Like this, it becomes it's own character.
It's an instantly recognizable shape that doesn't have to be reread to be remembered.
:D

Just feedback, but it's "the leading edge of knife discussion" it can be present or removed but truncated is a no go.

i was just thinking about this last week, is there anything the finalists should be doing for the next phase of this?
Thanks again to Spark and all the other artists involved
Gene

If you want to post an update to your entry, feel free. Otherwise I'm going to shut this down by say, Friday and announce the results.

heres just a few quick thoughts and elaborations on my design, mainly colors, patterns and even swapping out blades for different applications... Works as 1 color or Multi Color
Thanks for the opportunity
Gene
bfclogo13_zps29cf32b0.jpg

Back