Anyone carry gatorade powder

I think this is a great thing to have in your bag.

It has such a dramatic effect in my game over water, I am surprised it is not talked about more.

I find I drink less and my body absorbs more and gives me the ability to push my limits further over regular water.

Anyone else?

I carry it when I'm not worried about weight. It makes funky treated water taste much better. I don't know what I would have done without it when facing that awful sulfurous water of South Dakota's Badlands for three days.

If it gives me an edge, I haven't been able to tell definitively but it sure tastes good.

If it gives any edge, my opinion is that it is a placebo effect. However, I carry the Propel individual packets in my pack. Not to be a superstar, but to gain the electrolytes and such to avoid dehydration. Regular water does not cut it.

PeACE
Dougo

kgd

Electrolyte replacement is helpful especially if you are loosing a lot of water via perspiration. I usually see the sport guys recommending to dilute it by 1/2 to 1/4 for best effect. I wish you could get gatoraide with less glucose.

Mack

Expert Ultracrepidarian
Platinum Member
I carry Squincher. Same thing only different. I work outside and sweat way too much so every little bit helps.
When hiking it also helps get rid of the plastic taste of my canteen.

I thought the title read " anyone carry grenade powder"

anyway, I carry the propel stuff. i love it! tastes good.

Brett

I do not get the same benefits from propel as I do gatorade on long mountain biking trips

I do not get the same benefits from propel as I do gatorade on long mountain biking trips

I actually prefer salt for the effect, but it doesn't taste so hot with the chemical taste from iodine-purified water...the propel masks it better IMHO

I took a class a few years ago on Dehydration. Teacher said to drink water all day and GatorAid (or the likes of) before you go to bed/ during the night. Gets and stays in your system that way. Water, water, water, .........And a 'lil electrolites at night. Matt

Yeppers. I always take Gatorade powder when I'm camping or backpacking. Like Sir Woodley says... I drink it in the late afternoon/evening after setting up camp.

I use the powder to make gatorade all the time because I think the regular stuff is too syrupy. As far as camping, I bring it occasionally, the main reason for not using all the time is because I can't stand warm gatorade. I guess I'm a little picky.

SDS

ultima replenisher (ultimareplenisher.com)

Good stuff, not nearly the sugar content. Good guys running the company too.

SDS

PowerAde is also better if you want the cheap shit, I don't think it comes in powder though.