Anyone carry gatorade powder

I found little packets of powder made by Powerbar. I like it. It gives my water a little flavor and has electrolytes for an edge over plain water. My only gripe is it has an artificial sweetener in it. I hate Aspertame and all of it's cousins and namesakes. Gives me headaches if I consume too much.

Grenade powder, climax and eel water. If that's what you boys drink in the mountains, more power to ya. I'll stick to my Jack Daniels.

I've been meaning to try Emergen-C. Cameron Hanes, who is a badass backcountry hunter* & marathonner, recommends it.

-- FLIX

*Unless you're on here anonymously, Cam! Then you're just a puss! :D

I saw this in a gas station in Tennessee. It looks better than the other drinks, just because it has salt. I only have the one packet and I haven't seen it anywhere else...

Tang Sport

.14 oz packet. Sugar Free. With Electrolytes. Makes 2.5 servings. Artificial flavor. Ingredients: citric acid, salt, sodium citrate, magnesium oxide, potassium citrate, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), aspartame, maltodextrin, modified cornstarch, contains less than 2% of natural & artificial flavor, calcium carbonate, sodium and potassium bicarbonate, vitamin E acetate, niacinamide, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin B6, riboflavin (vitamin B2), red 40, red 40 lake, BHA (to help protect flavor). Phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine.

I carry GatorAid in my BOB and always when I hike. My wife liked Crystal Lite. Great to kill the taste if you use any kind of chemical purification tabs.

I take it with me sometimes. It makes a really nice change of flavor after a long day.

If you have a flask, it helps too.

I carry two 32oz bottles in my Pygmy falconII and both contain water I do carry a mix powder of sorts but never mix it until needed.just incase of first aid needs, no since flushing a wound or eyes with Gatorade or other flavored drinks....IMO.....

I carry Gatorade or Tang powder mostly for when the water tastes funky (even when filtered) It also helps a lot if you are using iodine to kill your water.

I carry Gatorade powder. After I drink so much water I am sloshing as I walk I just eat the powder. Stronger stuff is in the flask for a great cup of tea in the evening.

A one-a-day type mineral tablet + suitable sugar,salt, and water = 1 qt Gatoraide --- but without the yummie flavor.

I am surprised many of you drink it for a flavor enhancer to off tasting water.

Does anybody drink it for the actual benefits such as better absorption of fluids and less muscle fatigue

I carry a raspberry drink mix. Each small container flavors 2 quarts. I also carry E'mergen-C powder. Full of electrolites, vitamins, minerals, etc. For me, it works better than gatorade.

Keep in mind flavored water should be treated like food in bear country. Hang your water bottle too if it has had gatorade, etc in it.

I am surprised many of you drink it for a flavor enhancer to off tasting water.

Does anybody drink it for the actual benefits such as better absorption of fluids and less muscle fatigue

I have never had Gatorade, etc help at all with muscle fatigue. I played football for 10 years and it was a staple of the diet, but I never noticed it helping. I use salt to avoid dehydration.

PeACE
Dougo

I work in a hot environment, and drink Gatorade constantly. I make it half strength, but still go through the equivalent of a cup of the powder, each week. I drink way past a gallon a day. 2 gallons? Possibly.

I don't think it is baloney. For me, it is a life saver.

Back