Anyone check out the Holt Specter Auctions Today?

unwisefool

Gold Member
I wouldn’t touch a holt. A lot of guy on here talk big when it comes to cloner and counterfeiters when it comes to ganzo and other Chinese knife companies, even when they sell original designs. But I guess it’s ok for an American to steal another American intellectual property, not even giving credit to the maker they ripped off. Holt is no better than ganzo.
Que?

Bigfattyt

Gold Member
$5k-10k is world class, legacy knife maker cash.

That is the kind of money you put into a knife or sword from a world famous knife or sword maker's work.

Alive or deceased, I can think of makers I would spend money like that on (if I had it to spend).

NorthernSouthpaw

Gold Member
You can buy a full custom Rexford, Mayo, Carey, Fischer, or almost any of the top end makers out there. made with the same materials for less. Sorry, but this is just the next Shiro/Grimsmo/Hinderer type of fad where a small batch production company can't keep up with the initial demand. Now they (like Grimsmo) are milking it by jacking up prices and holding auctions for "dress" knives that should cost no more than $1200.

When production catches up with demand in the next year or two you will see prices drop and if you wait, your patience will be rewarded.

the detention system they use is Brian Nadeau’s and they stole one of his signature milling patterns.

If they’re going to take a moral stance against ip theft, people should be consistent.
Also his signature detent that doesn't use detent ball. They "improved" their designed after people complained, but still shady.

I wouldn’t touch a holt. A lot of guy on here talk big when it comes to cloner and counterfeiters when it comes to ganzo and other Chinese knife companies, even when they sell original designs. But I guess it’s ok for an American to steal another American intellectual property, not even giving credit to the maker they ripped off. Holt is no better than ganzo.
Not to mention that the "commoners" won't be able to get their knife without doing lottery, and most just end up in the secondary market for almost 2x the price. However some youtuber/IG "bros" seem to have no trouble getting one made, even with their choice of material, color, milling patterns etc. I guess these are Influencer perks and they gotta pay for marketing, but i honestly think this kinda of unfair(perceived) business practice hurts their reputation more. Same goes with Gareth Bull knives.
Reference this video about Gareth Bull, similar situation is happening with Holt knives: