Anyone else as ridiculously excited for the Nirvana as I am?

I don't know, it kinda looks more like a Peter Ressenti Nirvana than a Benchmade 761...

I'm guessing $450. I would be out at that price point. I think it's just inflation hitting, as the new Spyderco prices are inline with the Benchmade map pricing that everyone made a big stink about. I do find it a little more reasonable as I like Spydercos more than I like benchmades though. 😆

I want it but I won't pay 400$ for it. I can buy from a small-batch maker if I want to do that. Heck, one could pay 75$ more and get a graphic on a Sebbie.
Lots of people don't like sebenzas and would consider a high end spyderco superior in many aspects. I have bought CRKs in the past and I can barely notice a difference fit and finish wise between them and the products coming out of the Taiwan factory. Plus it is hard to argue against the ergos and performance of the steel are beung better on most spydies than CRK

Meh, only frustrating for me, as someone who carries solely and strictly tip-down: the umpteenth ridiculously awesome collab that you can only carry tip-up... :grumpy:

My first thought . Is this Spyderco answer to benchmade 761 .

I think the resemblance you see to a 761 is a coincidence. Its a collaboration with Peter Rassenti, and the design looks like a near perfect match to one his Nirvanas.

I think the resemblance you see to a 761 is a coincidence. Its a collaboration with Peter Rassenti, and the design looks like a near perfect match to one his Nirvanas.

I like what he did to his pivot though having the little shiny circle matte titanium might look even better.
How does one adjust these btw? Other side?

I like what he did to his pivot though having the little shiny circle matte titanium might look even better.
How does one adjust these btw? Other side?

One the actual Rassenti the pivot torx screw is on the lock side, if that's what you are asking.

Considering a real Nirvana is what, $1200-1500, $400 or so won't be that big of a deal.

I am really impressed that Spyderco is going with such a knife. Machining wise it is really difficult.

However. At lets say an MSRP of $400 would equate to more than $600 outside of the USA (customs duty vat etc) at a reputable dealer and at those kind of prices you can go full custom. One can pick up a few custom folders under $400. A Frank Centofante custom was recently available for $350.

That makes the Nirvana for me a nice to have rather than a must have.

Still think its awesome that Spyderco is going to do this.

Just my two cents from across the see.

I was blown away when I heard that Spyderco was making a real deal Integral. Plus, the S90V, WoW! Can't wait. I'll pay what they ask as its a very new design for them and the costs are naturally going to be high when you consider the type of knife it is, the materials, level of custom, and just overall ass kicking factor. I mean it has it all. Integral, framelock, S90V, great blade shape, the only thing that I will not stand for with this knife is any sort of lock stick. Has happened before, and for this price it will not be tolerated. Everything else will be a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

I am really impressed that Spyderco is going with such a knife. Machining wise it is really difficult.

However. At lets say an MSRP of $400 would equate to more than $600 outside of the USA (customs duty vat etc) at a reputable dealer and at those kind of prices you can go full custom. One can pick up a few custom folders under $400. A Frank Centofante custom was recently available for $350.

That makes the Nirvana for me a nice to have rather than a must have.

Still think its awesome that Spyderco is going to do this.

Just my two cents from across the see.

That's not really fair to compare the Nirvana to a Centofante custom linerlock, no offense to Mr. Centofante. The Spyderco Nirvana is an almost exact reproduction of Peter Rassenti's Nirvana, which go for around $1500. I expect the Spyderco to be over $400 MSRP, maybe $400 street price, but wouldn't be surprised if it is more. But still, it is an absolute bargain. ~$400 for an S90V Nirvana? I won't be able to hit the buy button fast enough.

That's not really fair to compare the Nirvana to a Centofante custom linerlock, no offense to Mr. Centofante. The Spyderco Nirvana is an almost exact reproduction of Peter Rassenti's Nirvana, which go for around $1500. I expect the Spyderco to be over $400 MSRP, maybe $400 street price, but wouldn't be surprised if it is more. But still, it is an absolute bargain. ~$400 for an S90V Nirvana? I won't be able to hit the buy button fast enough.

I fully understand your position and I might have been there as well if I really wanted a Nirvana as much as yourself and other members. My decision is also influenced in that I currently highly prefer customs at this stage in my knife collection.

To each his own.

Another awesome colab for Spyderco, and a nice step up in manufacturing skills too! :) :cool:

I'm guessing it'll be about $400, street price. Pretty tempting overall package and I think a fair price for an integral frame lock. I'm probably in the minority for not really wanting S90V for my edc folder and would opt for the Elmax TiSpine instead, but personal preference aside, the Nirvana will be one of Spyderco's coolest releases this year...

Could be wrong, but I think this was reported as being on bearings? If that's the case they beat Lionsteel to it, doing a production integral knife with bearings. I'd be ecstatic at a street of $400-425. This will be a must have for me, as I've handled a Rassenti Nivana and loved it!

Last edited:
The more I read here and look at it to more I am apt to want one....It's just that overall length is killing me. It's too big...for my taste.

Having got to handle the prototype in Amsterdam, it's a serious amount of lust that's driving me to want the Nirvana....It just looked and felt so good.

I love both of my GB and Tuff but $400+ for Taichung made is just too much for me... I would rather have a Seb or SnG any day of the week.

Back