Anyone else as ridiculously excited for the Nirvana as I am?

If this comes in around $400 I'd buy one... if the production version is tapped for LH tip up. I know that will affect the lines of the knife and is unnecessary for most, but as a lefty, lack of that option is a deal breaker for me. While I'm on the subject of the clip, it would be really nice to see something different, like machined Ti, on a knife of this caliber. I shouldn't complain too much, those are my only nitpicks, otherwise I love the design.

Last edited:
For me, no, unfortunately (fortunately for my wallet). I also handled it in Amsterdam, and it just didn't feel right for my hand. It also felt a bit blade heavy and ungainly. All subjective, though, and it was certainly an amazingly finished and assembled piece and those who lust for one will not be disappointed.

Got my hands on a proto at the Oregon show 2 week ago and it is AMAZING

Attachments

• OCKAnirvana.jpg
    OCKAnirvana.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 228
Looks like they replaced that tiny pivot screw with a larger, better matched decorative one - although hard to tell exactly from the pic it def looks larger and different from previous prototype pics.

Looks tempting. Admittedly I have been leery of dropping 400-500 USD on knives since my brief time with Sebenzas but that may change.

If the Nirvana really does run on bearing-pivot washers... how is that going to work? Because you CANNOT disassemble the frame, so wouldn't it require somewhat looser tolerances to fit the blade and the washers in by squeezing it into the pivot?

Not to derail the thread, but Sebenzas do have much closer tolerances and better fit and finish than most of the Taichung, Taiwan pieces. But that gap may well be narrowing quite rapidly.

SenoBEDC does have an excellent point - if the frame is all one piece and the pivot is on bearings, then wtf? How would you even assemble such a thing, let alone disassemble it? Hopefully there's an easy answer I'm missing, but definitely seems like a conundrum to me. Mild guess would be the bearing system is a caged bearing system like the KVT System, and the bearings would be seated into the frame while the blade is slid in between and seated into the pivot. That could certainly be a possibility, but would also be something I've never heard of as of yet.

I find that it's hard for a knife that spendy to meet my lofty expectations. Also I'd like to see it come with a custom clip.

I don't recall if it was on bearings but it was smooth. Also I think it was a proto by Rassenti, not from Taichung, so used his pivot.
It eas extremely comfortable and I can't wait to see if the production model matches up, if so I'm in!!

Yup Sal allowed me to take that in hamd pic as long as I didn't show the other knives on the table

I think the Nirvana looks fantastic. I can't wait for it to become available.

Questions :
1) Where's it being made (Golden ? Tai Chung ?)
2) Any word on a release date ?

No matter because I want it. Just curious.

Got my hands on a proto at the Oregon show 2 week ago and it is AMAZING

Do you have considerably larger hand size, like XL+ glove size?
I just ask because that knife doesn't look overly large in-hand like I had been imagining... which is a good thing.
Would you say size felt like a Military in your hand? Or bigger?

I don't have huge hands - between L & XL maybe
for reference, the ZT801 handle was a tad too short for my pinky, if that helps?
I find the Military too big, but not this proto Nirvana, I would compare it more to a (slightly larger?) Endura
After many years I have settled on my off-work EDC and swore off buying more such folders since mid 2014, after dozens of knives the search was finally over . . .
BUT I will absolutely be buying and carrying this Nirvana once it's available!!!!

Last edited:
Modified hk 14715. Will post pics on the Bm forum when I finally finish the blscf scales. I'm a sucker for an axis lock . . . but for the Nirvana I'd stray to a framelock, it is SO sweet!

Im pretty psyched for it, ill have to save up though. Right now im in limbo of being transfered to a different store location, so i havent worked for the last two weeks and still no word.

Back