1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  2. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Anyone else have issues with Blade HQ notifications?

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by sceva, Nov 17, 2020.

1. sceva

sceva Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Like it says
    Does anyone else have issues with Blade HQ notifications? I have one knife on my want list that's due in later this year. I check in regularly and have noticed that every two or three times I log on and check the contact me by e-mail or text when available has changed itself from YES to NO. I keep changing it back to yes but I'm getting a little paranoid that I'll miss out when they come in.
    I contacted Blade HQ and they were less than helpful; just got an We'll have IT check it but it keeps happening.

Anyone else seen this?

2. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Never had an issue. Can you do a pre-order? Then it will charge and ship automatically when in stock.

3. sceva

sceva Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Pre-order is not offered on the item I'm waiting for. Unfortunately

4. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I've only ever had one knife set for notification and never got a notification.
    Luckily I was checking regularly.

5. knife_fan

knife_fan Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2012
    I haven't experienced notifications turning off, but I have not received notifications for items that were listed and then sold out. It's happened enough times that I no longer use their notification system.

6. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    I think a lot of notification systems don't work. Same old same old, if you want anything done......................

7. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
    buckfynn likes this.
  8. knife_fan

knife_fan Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2012
    The majority of site notifications I'm signed up for work for me. BladeHQ's never has, hence I don't purchase my knives from them anymore.

elde66, buckfynn and Eli Chaps like this.
  9. Dknight16

Dknight16 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2013
    You gotta check. Their notifications have never worked well for me.

10. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
    [​IMG]

You guys remember way back in October when BHQ Had this to say...

This community is the most important thing to us and I want to tell you what our plans are to make significant changes that will allow us to serve you better. The chaos of the issues I've mentioned have brought some fundamental issues in our systems and processes to the surface; so we're going to fix them.

Similarly, I am taking measures to ensure that Customer Service team members have the tools and capacity they need to be successful. Customer Service deals with almost all instances of customers reaching out to us and to an extent, this includes Blade Forums. This would include keeping updated on the Forums and notifying management of posts of interest. Now, as the Customer Service Manager myself, I will still check the Forums several times a week as will the respective managers of Marketing, Products, and even the CEO as we believe that on Blade Forums exists the core of the knife community. The role I described in the Customer Service team simply allows us to ensure that there are always enough eyes on the Forums so that we don't miss anything.

11. BladeHQ

BladeHQ Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 2, 2002
    We appreciate you sharing this feedback with the community. Based on the conversations you have had with us directly it does appear that you are setup to be notified of the item you're interested in once it becomes available.

We have had reported incidents of customers not receiving notifications in the past and upon investigating those issues we were able to get the technical failing corrected. Our IT team is currently in the planning stage of migrating to a new system and this will allow our system to be more reliable and result in less of these instances.

-BHQ

Lance Leon and woodysone like this.