Anyone else picking up the SuperLeaf?

I'd give one a shot, I'm liking the idea of such a thick blade for work. That said, I'm not too crazy about that goofy pommel.... doesn't seem like something to write home about.

It's basically what's already been said, the pommel is great when you're holding it, one of the most comfortable folders I own. While in pocket...not so much. Luckily mine gets thrown into a scrub pocket loose much more than it gets clipped to a pocket, so it makes no difference to me.

I had my doubts, but I gave it a try. To me it's the perfect ESEE folder. :D

Yep, that's my thought too. The Superleaf has become a woods knife for me paired with an ESEE 6. Beefy, overbuilt, and that nice substantial handle fills my XXL hands nicely. It ends up being used for everything short of batoning, and that's where the 6 comes in. In contrast, my YJ2 feels small and much less substantial as a working knife and generally gets carried in a more urban setting.

I wonder if they'd ever consider a sprint run with a 3V blade.

Only if they decided to move production from Seki City to another place. The Japanese manufacturers are hesitant and insulted when asked to use "inferior foreign" steels. That is probably why we only see Takefu and Hitachi steels.

Only if they decided to move production from Seki City to another place. The Japanese manufacturers are hesitant and insulted when asked to use "inferior foreign" steels. That is probably why we only see Takefu and Hitachi steels.

I was under the impression they'd rather use steels they made for sake of a profit? I'd LOVE a super leaf in zdp-189 anyday .)

Only if they decided to move production from Seki City to anothe place. Japanese manufacturers are hesitant and insulted when asked to use "inferior foreign" steels. That is probably why we only see Takefu and Hitachi steels.

I'll take White or Blue steel version with some gray G-10, or even better - carbon fiber!

Superleaf was my first spyderco and I like it alot! Such a nice stout little HD blade. VG10 is great, but do one in super blue in royal blue G10 and I'd buy 3 of those... 2 to be preserved 4 evah!!! lol

It has not bumped the Manix2 out of my pocket, but one day it may. The Manix2 fits my hand a little better,

I had a Superleaf, and traded it a few months ago. I loved everything about it, but like you, I knew it would never replace my Manix 2 with the saber-grind. The Manix 2 is a beast of a working knife, and the only thing I'd like to see different is a wire clip on the Manix 2.

~Chris

I was biding my time on the SuperLeaf until recently. Whenever I handled it, I always thought it was a quality knife - but I viewed it as a "nice to have" instead of a "gotta have". When they disco'ed it and it started getting discounted, I was able to pick one up for under $100 shipped.

Since then, this has become my go-to heavy yard work knife. I used it to rip open pallets of mulch when our Scout troop was delivering them a few weeks ago. I used it to make some fuzz sticks and prepare some firewood during a mountain hike. I've used it for trimming trees in my back yard.

It is a great knife and is large enough to open even with gloved hands. Plus, it saves me from putting too much wear and tear on my sprint/exclusive Para2s! ;)

TedP

At a hundred bucks, it is a real steal. I prefer a thinner blade, but this is a real stout knife that could take a lot of hard use. I don't regret picking one up.

I just ordered the last one from one of my favorite sellers on the bay for less than $90.00, so I could always get my money back selling it off if I don't like it. The Superleaf as well as the Caly 3 have been the "next time" Spyderco's that have interested me, but got pushed aside for another PM2 or a Manix.

Just got it. After inspection, I think it's a keeper. Smooth action and lock, feels good in the hand. The grind is not even, as are all of my most recent Spyderco's from Seki, but the other attributes of the knife make up for it. I take my toddler daughter on walks and to play at a local park that is wooded with open fields and I always have a more substantial folder with me, so I am looking forward to carrying this one and seeing how it does whittling out chunks of wood in shapes of animals per her request.

Just picked up one of these recently. The Superleaf is a beefy knife! The first thing that really stood out was the blade thickness. It's 4mm thick! I like the wider handle towards the base, as I find it more comfortable in hand. I like the deeper-carry wire clip as well. It's not as smooth as my PM2 though. Not sure if it is a difference in the washers (teflon vs. PB), or if it just hasn't worn in yet. (On my PM2, the blade is practically free-swinging when I release the compression lock.) Overall, it looks to be a pretty lightweight beefy folder. Looking forward to putting it to use.

I think I just may have to get one of these to try out for myself. It certainly sounds like a great knife.

I've wanted to get 1 for months. I would have bought 1 in a heart beat if the knife didn't have the big choil. I'd much rather have .50 or so of cutting

edge than a big choil. No, I haven't handled 1.

I got one being pimp by Ryan RV....it's been over a month. Can't wait to get it back and see what he did. I gave him the freedom to do whatever, but since its a leaf, I want the theme to be like a leaf....

Estate4life you are building a serious collection of pimped knives. I look forward to seeing it.

Man..I send my leaf to Ryan march 3rd...I'm itching here. But I don't want him to hurry you know....I like him to do good.

Btw: rival never return my pimp request....guess he's back up tho...

Back