Anyone ever ordered white handle Grip with black blade? [ Example pic inside ]

I love the idea of customizing the Grip to your liking, and I've been intrigued by the following combo:

2pq3ss7.png

I would like to see a "real world" picture of one before ordering.

By any chance does anyone here own one like this and could post a picture or two?

Thanks!

Why don't you just go ahead and order it and when you get it, post a picture so that WE can see it "real world" !!!!

Perhaps try googling Benchmade 551BK-1302. It's a dealer exclusive (to a non-paid dealer, so that's why I didn't link it) with black blade and a very light gray for the handles. They have a real picture of it, so that might give you some idea.

All kidding aside, I'd imagine the covers would get dirty easily and you'd spend a lot of time cleaning them. Other than that it's a great idea.

Perhaps try googling Benchmade 551BK-1302. It's a dealer exclusive (to a non-paid dealer, so that's why I didn't link it) with black blade and a very light gray for the handles. They have a real picture of it, so that might give you some idea.

Cool. I didnt know such a thing existed. Thanks!

The create-a-grip is awesome. I think I'm going to get a couple. I really like how you can have the blade lasered in much greated detail than ever before. This opens up a ton of possibilities for personalization and special occassions. :thumbup:

Here is the one that I have been carrying for about a year now off and on.
2heeogl.jpg

Yes it is. I used to run the Lasermarking department and played around with full blade texturing. Our new lasermark team is working on getting the texturing consistent before going live with it.

That's cool Ryan. As RevDevil said above, the "creat-a-grip" is a great idea.

That looks impressive Ryan, thanks for sharing that picture. Good example of what is available.

Yes it is. I used to run the Lasermarking department and played around with full blade texturing. Our new lasermark team is working on getting the texturing consistent before going live with it.

I'm absolutely jealous of you Ryan...lol
I plan on getting a black and white mini grip with laser etching on it. I think thats what some of my tax refund is going to :D

I would like to see a "real world" picture of one before ordering.

By any chance does anyone here own one like this and could post a picture or two?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I remember seeing one on the exchange maybe a week or 2 ago. Do a couple searches...

Great minds... ;)
A couple years ago, before the custom Grip program (and the option of white as a handle color) I had custom white G10 scales and backspacer made from Cuscadi~
minigripbupload.jpg

It's not exactly what you're talking about, but hopefully it will give you a general idea about how awesome a black-and-white mini Grip is.
Also, the configuration you posted looks great, though you might consider going with a silver Axis instead of black. (Just one man's opinion.)

Great minds... ;)
A couple years ago, before the custom Grip program (and the option of white as a handle color) I had custom white G10 scales and backspacer made from Cuscadi~
minigripbupload.jpg

It's not exactly what you're talking about, but hopefully it will give you a general idea about how awesome a black-and-white mini Grip is.
Also, the configuration you posted looks great, though you might consider going with a silver Axis instead of black. (Just one man's opinion.)

Beautiful!! Thanks!

Google

"griptilian bone splitter"

first hit.

Was inspired by the one Benchmade posted above.

Last edited:
The white Griptilian has had my interest for a little while now. I have a couple of the white Spyderco releases, and always thought they were quite unique. I suppose it won't be much longer, and will have to pull the trigger on the Grip.

Tom

Last edited:
Here is the one that I have been carrying for about a year now off and on.
View attachment 327938

That is really cool looking. Just curious, has the custom grip program had good success ? I think it is a great idea.
There is nothing wrong at all with the regular production grips, but it is even better when you can order it the way you want.

I really like my OD green S30V Mini, but really want to order another mini in desert sand and D2. My green mini needs a friend :D

The Custom Grip program has done very well for us. We have been able to add quite a few new colors with more options on the way. The platform is also going to be a great starting point for other custom knives as well.

Back