Anyone have a Canis

Did I mention I really like this one :p
Seriously it’s a nice knife and very happy with my decision to get one.
If you need any more pics just let me know :D

Lol.....I saw in the EDC thread you like it so much you haven't even taken your YoJumbo out of the box. That's about all the convincing you have to do.:D I will keep watching this thread until my resolve disappears, though.

I've got a YoJumbo that's supposed to get to me on Thursday and I can hardly wait to get that open. To think a Canis beats that is crazy.

Lol.....I saw in the EDC thread you like it so much you haven't even taken your YoJumbo out of the box. That's about all the convincing you have to do.:D I will keep watching this thread until my resolve disappears, though.

I've got a YoJumbo that's supposed to get to me on Thursday and I can hardly wait to get that open. To think a Canis beats that is crazy.
Looking forward to unboxing my YoJumbo also. Spoiler alert >> that YoJumbo might be hard to beat ! Btw I was giving the “Slight” nod to the Canis comparing it to a YoJimbo2 not the YoJumbo, That could be a different story :) I haven’t even opened the shipping box on the YoJumbo yet to see it :eek:
Only due to the new excitement of the Canis .

Last edited:
Looking forward to unboxing my YoJumbo also. Spoiler alert >> that YoJumbo might be hard to beat ! Btw I was giving the “Slight” nod to the Canis comparing it to a YoJimbo2 not the YoJumbo, That could be a different story :) I haven’t even opened the shipping box on the YoJumbo yet to see it :eek:
Only due to the new excitement of the Canis .

Ok, ok....I'm hoping the YoJumbo keeps my eyes from wandering too much for at least a little while. No matter what, I do think I might come back to the Canis. The design of the Canis struck me as a little odd at first, but has been growing on me. It seems to be a good one from everything everyone is saying.

Canis FTW in my book and I’ve had all as mentioned here, multiple Yojimbos and a YoJumbo.
Others mileage may vary but imo The Canis wins hands down.

Canis FTW in my book and I’ve had all as mentioned here, multiple Yojimbos and a YoJumbo.
Others mileage may vary but imo The Canis wins hands down.

Interesting - what do you like about the Canis compared to Yojumbo?

Interesting - what do you like about the Canis compared to Yojumbo?
It carry’s better at least in my pocket. Also feels better in hand for me. Their all great knives but the Canis fits me better in all areas. I also like the Looks better but that’s just a matter of taste. I love the cut out in the blade also but not sure if it’s for looks which I love or for balance so it’s not nose heavy. It does feel very balanced in hand .
Again There all great knives but this is the one that stayed in my collection out of the 3 :thumbsup:

Can anyone tell me how the liners/scales feel on the edge? I really dislike squared away edged that feel sharp against your hand.

Can anyone tell me how the liners/scales feel on the edge? I really dislike squared away edged that feel sharp against your hand.
Smooth and rounded. Much better than Yojimbo 2. The handle shape is also better than yojimbo without the angular “grooves”.

Reactions: rpn
Back