Anyone here ever stab themself?

I took a swing at a tree branch, and my knife rounded around and stabbed me in the other arm.

Didn't penetrate deep at all, it was a modified tanto, horrible for piercing things easily.

Sort of like when people knock themselves out with a hook or something hah. I didn't think I could be so stupid/careless.

cut my self many times, but never stabbed. i did bobble a sword once and learned a very valuable lesson. when one bobbles a sword one aught not try to catch it.
i severed all the tendons in my right middle finger. i then spent two weeks unable to avoid flipping off everyone. followed by reconstructive surgery,physical therapy, and honest to god traction. they drilled a hole in my finger nail, passed a piece of fishing line through it and tied it to a rubber band. then i got a giant plastic spoon thing that had eyelets and what not which the fishing line and rubber band passed through to hold my finger, and wrist in different positions while it healed.
physical therapy sucks the big one.

Yeah, several times while sharpening knives. The most embarrasing was the night before I started high school. I'd just gotten a new belt, and at that time was a lot skinnier than I am now, so I had to punch some new holes in it. I got out the awl on my sack and made the holes, then set the knife down and forgot where I left. Went to get in bed that night and sat on the dang thing, the awl took a piece out of my butt. Talk about embarrassing, but at least I had a mirror in my room, so I could put the bandaid on myself.

Lagarto

I left an open SAK awl in a chair and sat down. OUCH :eek: . It barely broke the skin But you can guess where it got me. :(

MicMurry said:
Ask this in the balisong forum. Probably get more replies than you would care to read! :D

yes.
those of us who flip balisongs have been stabbed.
myself included.
peace.

What? Are you kidding? Stabbing myself is the last step in my normal knife test regimen. How do you do penetration tests? Okay, okay, so sometimes I stab Marty instead, but only if I am recovering from a previous test. :eek:

Just as I've never shot myself.....I've never stabbed myself.

But....I have been stabbed.....but it's not the same thing as doing it to yourself. :p

"Anyone here ever stab themself?"

Not yet, but soon enough!!!!

Good knives seem to cast a magical spell on me. Many times the mind says no, but the heart says that the mind is stupid, so I end with a new toy yet again.

Now, what about the savings for retirement!!?? :rolleyes:

Invesment??? The money have been dump into those knives.( Knives make lousy investment. Their value drop a fraction whenever a new super steel is born.) :yawn:

Living under a bridge surrounded by those cold pieces of sharp metal which get colder in winter. Scary isn't it?

When the going gets too tuff, the only way out of this misery is probably to enjoy one's last intimate moment with the favourite knife.
" Harakiriii.i.i.i.... "

kee :D

Stabbed, sliced, nicked, shaved, cut, pierced, pinched.....

Super Glue has become my new best friend!! :)

and has saved me lots of LONG emergency room waiting.

zeus36 said:
Stabbed, sliced, nicked, shaved, cut, pierced, pinched.....

Super Glue has become my new best friend!! :)

and has saved me lots of LONG emergency room waiting.

ditto... ;) . Needed stitches the last time, though. A 1 inch real sharp wood chisel about 3/4 inches into the palm. Didn't bleed till I opened it up to judge the depth... :eek: I could do about a 500 word essay, but a lot of times... The worst was the ex-wife stabbing me in the back with a pen. Nice hole.

howiesatwork said:
ditto... ;)... The worst was the ex-wife stabbing me in the back with a pen. Nice hole.

:eek: they have soft rubber prison pens that can avoid that danger altogether. ;) they bend. :)

Matt Shade said:
I think a better solution was adding ex to wife :D

Matt didn't you ever have a couple as friends who weren't happy unless they were tring to kill each other? :eek:

She was way more than a bit off. Yes, it's good she's a ex. It was a steel ballpoint.
Life is much better these days.

I digs thru my junk and find an old knife that I have had so long that I can't even remember when or where I got it. My name is on the back of the sheath in letters burned in with a woodburning set, so that may give a clue as to how long it has been around.

Anyhow, I start lookin at it. It has a really THICK blade and clip point. Start lookin some more and think....hmmm....y'know if dat clip point was SHARP like a bowie, it would make a fairly handy FIGHTING knife.

(Let it be known that I do not wish to be the only 63 year old on the block without a FIGHTING knife...."they" could come at any time to take my Social Security or sumpin)

So.....I pad the vise, clamp the handle and begin to file away. Using marking pens and paying close attention to angle and....

....TAPING THE BLADE FOR .....SAFETY.....O F.... C O U R S E!

I begin to file. Filed the clip down to a nice straight taper from ridge line to the new edge. Finish off with stone to clean up the file marks a little and then freehand an edge with a stone.

SHARP! BOTH SIDES.....SHARP...

Ahhhh...My "new" combat blade.

Time to oil the blade and put it back in the sheath. Oil up the blade gently with finger dipped in oil and put oil can away with right hand. Holding knife in left hand and bringing back right hand....

IMPALE MY WRIST on the damn POINT. (thus proving my Jim Bowie-ish dexterity and knife-fighting abilities)

That point is SHARP. REALLY sharp.

Well....time to yell for wife.

"THAT DAMN KNIFE?" she asks in her sympathetic caring voice.

Three butterfly closures to close. (EVERY bladiot should keep butterfly closures around)

Nice LONGITUDINAL slice. NOT an "amateurish" fake suicide horizontal cut....but a full fledged longitudinal real DETERMINED suicide slice. Inch more to center and it wudda bin "Tourniquet City" or 911.

Sheesh.

A couple of times, like most here, the most noteworthy when I reached for that CS tanto that I was sure was in the sheath. Wasn't all that bad.
The worst I witnessed was when I worked at a slaughterhouse and a fellow pushed a boning knife though the heavy 1/4" vinyl protective apron into his thigh. Without the apron, or any higher and it would have been very nasty.

Ok, I was sixteen and sitting in my kitchen tossing my Gerber loveless dagger around. (very sharp and very pointy) When much to my surprise :eek: I cought it by the point or should I say the point cought me!! It went right through the right hand!! :( there has been a few times when I sliced my self doing work with a razor knife or box cutter but, only once did I do something because I was doing something stupid.

Back