anyone here heard of RJ Martin?

I can't stop buying the guy's knives. Nobody delivers a sharper knife. Darn it I'm addicted!

Attachments

• martin web.jpg
    martin web.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 719
Hey, very nice indeed!

You do realize there are worse things to be addicted to? I'll take a knife addiction over any other.

Don't know if this belongs in the gallery or not....but WOW :eek:, I'm officially jealous. That is one sweet collection of Martin's knives. Keep on enjoying them, I'm sure there will be more where these came from.

Sabre, you have good taste ... imnsho.

RJ is among my favorite makers.

RJ balances:
1. current high tech materials
2. the actual ability to USE those materials to their fullest, by e.g. being obsessive about heat treat
3. great ergonomics...no sharp edges for the hand, just at the knife edge
4. great looks, design, flow... etc. I.e. his stuff looks cool while remaining functional, no mean feat.

If I was a knife maker, I'd probably do it a lot like RJ does. (So of course I think he does it well.) Except I'd be making a bunch of folders in 420V and S30V!! ;) :hint: :hint:

Hey, want to sell that folder? Drop me a line.

WOW :eek:

Never seen any of his bigger fixed blades... dont remember if I ever saw a folder or not either. Sweet stuff!

His big baldes remind me a little of Brend... but they have a style all their own too. Very swell!

Very nice little (and some not so little) gathering ! ;)

And a RJM folder. . .

I'm impressed ! !

Nice collection, the Q36 Space Modulator is about the only liner lock on the planet I am interested in.

Wow!...a RJ folder....if only I could get a Q38...

Carry this every day in the kitchen though...interesting, no matter what is cut, from tomato slices to cardboard boxes, cutting aluminum foil on a metal table, it just stays so incredibly sharp.

martin_chefkozuka.jpg

-Michael

Nice assortment Sabre!

I have several of Randy's blades that I'm the proud owner of.

The large fixed blades you have acquired are very nice, but in agreeance with stjames, the Q36 is tops! I sat and stared at that folder for about an hour straight the first time I saw it:cool:

I dunno whether to call them "knives" or not. He must apply something to the edge, cuz they just don't hurt much when you cut yourself.

Damage we're not talkin' about. Just pain. They do the job.:eek:

I've seen some talk that RJM is working on folders (or will be in the near future). I sure hope so...

This is a Q-30, his first tactical folder. I think the canted opening hole is a pretty neat idea.

rjm1.jpg

I just thought it was time for a little RJ appreciation. Chef, thats a beauty, I keep going back and looking at it. SAS, I have been looking for one of those for awhile. RJ, how long to get a '30' for my collection. Yes, I use them all and I am still amazed at how they cut!

Awesome collection!! I been wanting a folder for quite a while...havent found one yet. I do have a 3.5" Wasabi and a #2 Kozuka though. And yes, they are extremely sharp!!

Guys, those are very impressively finished knives. Thanks for sharing the pics. Sabre, those three larger ones really capture the essence of how large recurve knives can look wickedly fast, even when they're sitting still!!

RJ will be making more folders in the future. I am hoping to have his new D/A Auto at the Vegas Show next weekend. It is the Vanguard U235.

There are no photo's, no drawings, no pricing yet.

I won't say more, so I don't get in trouble with Gus and Blues.

I hear he is finally FULL TIME!! I have been saying for a while when he goes full time he will kick ass and take names..:) Cool Les I never have met Randy, and am looking even more towards Vegas now. He is a great guy and has helped me out A LOT!! The guy cant make a bad knife..

Take Care
Trace Rinaldi
www.thrblades.com

sabre

Could you tell me the names of the four knives beneath the folder? They are awesome blades.

Back