1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Anyone know where the rodent 6 went?

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by lumberjack_jack, Feb 24, 2016.

1. lumberjack_jack

lumberjack_jack

May 6, 2015
    It was on the website, available then seemed to disappear one day last week. Not under sold out or no longer available either...

2. ozgooner

ozgooner

Sep 24, 2011
    A seriously under-rated knife. I have a custom shop one in-bound. Glad I got in when I did. :)

3. lumberjack_jack

lumberjack_jack

May 6, 2015
    Ya got lucky. I got a couple others on the way but wanted my girlfriend to get me a rodent 6 as an engagement gift this spring when I get her a ring (I negotiated it in). Now not sure what knife.

4. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Here's a couple

5. dman62

dman62 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 27, 2010
    One of my favorites for sure.

6. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I'm guessing it's gone man. That's one that doesn't pop up on the exchange too much, but you might watch for one there.

7. lumberjack_jack

lumberjack_jack

May 6, 2015
    Honestly just from the website I'd prefer a jackmandu anyways. There's a re-releases I think I'd be all over.

8. hhmoore

Feb 7, 2014
    Did you grab one when they were up?

9. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    I don't know if people have started getting their jackmandus yet, but there was a run of them early in operation two weeks. So you might watch the exchange, there will probably be some folks that let them go once they start shipping. Which, I think, should be getting close.

10. hhmoore

Feb 7, 2014
    The Jackmandu was 2 weeks after the Ratweiler. I received my 1/4" Ratweiler this week; but haven't been billed for the 3/16", yet.
    I've got 2 Jack's coming - one in black canvas, one in green/black g10. (Both tanker) No word from the Swamp; but I haven't asked.

11. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    I've been billed for both, but haven't received either yet. So in this case, the jackmandu might really be 'two weeks' after the RW :D

12. hhmoore

Feb 7, 2014
    Oddly, my RW order is marked Shipped, and moved to Completed...(Usually it says partially shipped, when one of two is sent).

13. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    That attachment doesn't work for me Mac. Says invalid link.

14. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    That's too bad if the Rodent 6 is gone. I'm glad I got one, and I for sure won't let mine go. It's a hard working user, and one of my go-to blades. I thinned the shoulders on it to the point it is almost a convex, and it cuts and shaves with the best of them. Mine is black micarta on sage, for the custom shop. I was tempted to spring for full flat grind, but don't think it really needs it.

15. lumberjack_jack

lumberjack_jack

May 6, 2015
    Hmm, I think I wasn't registered with an account when the jackmandu orders were being taken. I'm awaiting my first 2 swamprat / busse knives. The rodent 3 I was asking you all about, and a ratmandu. I've only had an account for 2 weeks and when I first registered I asked about the jackmandu and rodent solution but they said there is no plans to do a re-release at this time.

16. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    The Rodent Solution pops up pretty frequently on the exchange, that one shouldn't be terribly hard to land. It hasn't been discontinued long, so yeah it seems too soon for them to do a re-release.

17. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Jackmandu was fairly early in the releases in Op2Wks. Just checked my order, and I ordered in mid-Nov., 2015. As I recall, it was the typical release, only available for 3 or 4 days before they were "sold out."

18. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    I'm hoping to see a couple on the show table at knob creek. Got one there last year, hope.to score another

19. boring

boring Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2005
    sounds like busse might be at the creek this year.