"Apocalaxe" -- by Council Tool

I'm more of a "give me the real thing" kinda guy. Give me a good tomahawk with a hammer on the back of it and that's all I need from that thing. I can't even do SAKs or Leathermen. If somebody gives me one I stow it in a BOB or in the car and forget about it until something really weird happens. I did construction of various types for years and I just figure either you have the right tool or you don't, so just take your tool kit if you're going to be tinkering.

One thing I don't get at all is how every mfr. thinks they need a bottle opener or two on everything nowadays. I can open a bottle with a lighter, a stick or my pocket knife. Why do I need a bottle opener on a hatchet? I can open a bottle pretty easily with a regular hatchet. Just seems superfluous.

Haven't previously noticed Council Tool's "Apocalaxe", maybe it's new?
4965_33060_p1.jpg

i'll take a few of these for laffs, but i probably would not spend money on one... i'd rather have a second 30 inch fubar (or entry tool)

The whale's eye is obviously for your decorative lanyard. I think I'll put on something with fancy knots and scary lookin' bead! Maybe change out the lanyard according to the season. Could start with red and green for Xmas with a Satanic Elf Skull bead! Oooh, I hope I've been good enough to get an Apocalaxe in my stocking this year!

Or red and green for port and starboard! Matches the whale and anchor theme. :D

to steal a line...

"APOCALAXE the new wonder laxative"? :D

've never found gut hooks to be helpful.
In Alaska, they worked really well on opening seals, but not whales. I never saw anyone use them on moose or caribou either, but they were used a lot on seals.

Back