• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Apprentice Blades #2

Oku

Rather than start a new thread, I've decided to update the old one. I hope this doesn't cause too much confusion! Most of the knives from the original post have found new homes, but there are 2 "new comers" in this pic.

These are all descendants of the blades in AB #1. They have generally better geometry, workmanship and I think MUCH better handles.

#s 6 and 7 are all that's left of the most recent batch. Handles are improved again as is workmanship. Bead blasted, hollow ground versions of these were snapped up at Blade. These 2 have been coated with matte grey Kal Guard.

All blades are made from A-2 and have a Paul Bos heat treat. Stock thickness is 3/16 for all but #s 4and 5 (they're 1/8"). Scales are Black Linnen Micarta for all but- you guessed it- 4 & 5 which have G-10 scales.

Pricing includes shipping (CONUS) and a custom Okuden Kydex sheath.

1, 6&7: $200.00
2&3 : $190.00
4,5&8: $160.00

Specs:

--OAL----BLADE---HANDLE--WIDTH---GRIND--FINISH
1-12......6 3/4...5 1/4.............2............F.....BB
2-11 3/4..6 3/4..........5......1 1/2..........F.....S
3-11 5/8..6 5/8..........5......1 1/2..........H.....BB
4-9 1/2...4 3/4... .4 3/4........1 1/4.........F.....BB
5-9 3/8...4 1/2.....4 3/4........1 1/4.........F.....BB
6-9.......4 3/8......4 9/16.......1 1/2.........S.....GKG
7-9.......4 3/8......4 9/16.......1 1/2.........S.....GKG
8-9 1/2...4 3/4....4 11/16......1 1/2.........H.....S

attachment.php

Attachments

• NFS.jpg
    NFS.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 301
For some reason, the pic seems fuzzy to me. If you have the same problem and would like a better look at these, please e-mail me at okuden@earthlink.net and I'll send you a copy of the pic.

Thanks for looking!

Oku, very, very nice! I'd like to see the No. 5 in an 11" blade.

Stuart

Very nice looking knives ! Smart and sensible, they appear very useful and the handles look reasl comfortable.....RDT

Those are some fantastic desings Brian! I'm very impressed. Wow.

I've handled some of Brian's latest work, and lemme tell ya, the quality is really high. The handles are especially well done and very comfortable.

Guys!

Progunner, I'm impressed that you found this thread Thanks for bringing it back!

Andrew, thanks for the feedback (and the "endorsement"). Mind you I'm not here to compete with the "big guy" in any way. In fact we had a good chat about these things on Thursday......morning (well, it was after 12am anyway).

I'd forgotten about this thread!

I'll be posting a new pic or 2 this week, and will most likely start a new thread for it.

Progunner, check your mail!

Brian,
Where's the new thread?! There's some cash burnin' some pockets out here! :cool:

This is it!

I "resurrected" this thread and put up a NEW PHOTO and updated the "stats" on the knives for sale.

More blades have completed "layout" and are scheduled to leave for heat treat in the next 2 weeks.

Back