April showers bring SNARK flowers... (Chat thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a fun Sunday outing, Clich. I wanted to go out somewhere this morning, but good things started to happen, and now I'm stuck in the back yard all day. Oh well, only two weeks until my four day campout in the High Uintahs and I can get out of the city and on to greener things.

Nice to see some 1911's in here! I'm a huge fan on the TRP. It's my grail gun at the moment. Sorry Thrill, I can't do Kimber. I've tried a few and sold them because I haven't loved them as much as my Springfield.

My Wohlwend order has been placed, now the waiting begins. An ultra, epic 5" thin slicer sized for my monster hands. *swoon*

I realized a while back when I was doing some food prep with an Izula that basically none of my knives are thin. I was cutting cucumbers and the Iz was basically just busting through them rather than slicing them, heh. It's why I love the Iz, of course; even thought it's small it's a brute. But so is EVERYTHING else I own other than one Opinel.

So now I'm going to have a fullsize (slightly oversized, actually) 5" knife out of .108 stock with a FFG but the bottom 1/3 will be convexed. LOL man the wait is going to be frickin' impossible :D.

My Wohlwend order has been placed, now the waiting begins. An ultra, epic 5" thin slicer sized for my monster hands. *swoon*

I realized a while back when I was doing some food prep with an Izula that basically none of my knives are thin. I was cutting cucumbers and

wait, you mean you're going to buy an actual KITCHEN knife???
PRAISE the DOGS!

clich said:
Im really digging this 311

Yeah, that's a VERY attractive blade, and totally a right-size knife. Imma big fan of the 3-3.5" blade with 4.5" handle. such a fan.

BRL said:
I stuck it in a half-dry orange and left it for a few hours.

I tried this once - learned to insert the blade just to the left or right of the central pith OR at right-angles to it, otherwise you get this weird empty stripe right in the middle of the blade. A grapefruit would give more room for error, but waste an entire glorious grapefruit on a single patina? blasphemy!

-Daizee

wait, you mean you're going to buy an actual KITCHEN knife???
PRAISE the DOGS!

haha I was kinda thinking that, but I'm pretty sure this will be more full of awesomeness than your typical kitchen knife. I mean, it's gonna have a pouch sheath!

haha I was kinda thinking that, but I'm pretty sure this will be more full of awesomeness than your typical kitchen knife. I mean, it's gonna have a pouch sheath!

so you can carry it to other kitchens, of course.
a would expect any custom to be more full of awesomeness than any typical knife, regardless of application.
is it ready yet? give him a call. is it ready yet? ;-)

This is Wohlwend, I'm not even going to think about this knife for 3-4 months.

Hey BRL..maybe it's ready..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................NOW!

I realized a while back when I was doing some food prep with an Izula that basically none of my knives are thin. I was cutting cucumbers and the Iz was basically just busting through them rather than slicing them, heh. It's why I love the Iz, of course; even thought it's small it's a brute. But so is EVERYTHING else I own other than one Opinel.

So now I'm going to have a fullsize (slightly oversized, actually) 5" knife out of .108 stock with a FFG but the bottom 1/3 will be convexed. LOL man the wait is going to be frickin' impossible :D.

That sounds like a hell of a kitchen knife. Be sure to put some pictures up once you get it. I would love to see it.

I blame y'all. I am now looking at the ZT knives. 0551s and whatnot. Never thought about em before, then y'all have to post pics and crap....this is gonna cost me, I can already tell.

more specifically, the ZT350 and ZT0550

Is it the Hinderer name that makes the 0550 worth ~100$ more then the 350? or is it better materials?

Last edited:
I blame y'all. I am now looking at the ZT knives. 0551s and whatnot. Never thought about em before, then y'all have to post pics and crap....this is gonna cost me, I can already tell.

more specifically, the ZT350 and ZT0550

Is it the Hinderer name that makes the 0550 worth ~100$ more then the 350? or is it better materials?

S30v vs s35v. But the real bonus is the lack of the recurve on the hinderers. And the blade is thicker and the opening is smoother. Buy a 0561 tho. Elmax and a flipper. You can't go wrong.

S30v vs s35v. But the real bonus is the lack of the recurve on the hinderers. And the blade is thicker and the opening is smoother. Buy a 0561 tho. Elmax and a flipper. You can't go wrong.

that's some common talk I can understand, not a bunch BS like u find in spec sheets and customer reviews LOL
Altho I kinda like the recurve on the 350, that's what drew me to it. Checking out the 0561 now

ZT0561.jpg

good call Clich! I DO like that one! I like flippers.....easier to me then thumbstuds and such. I like the blade shape/style too. The scales aint the greatest looking stuff I ever saw..but I can make new scales. Im digging the stonewash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back