AR-15: America's Rifle

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by 00ChevyScott, Oct 26, 2013.

1. UffDa

UffDa Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 1999
    I don't see no stinkin' bullet button. Heck, I can't even see the magazine well.

Nonsense. There's always room for more.

2. FlaMtnBkr

FlaMtnBkr

Oct 20, 2004
    It's been a while since I've shot it but I will try to get a picture. It's in the side of the brass about 3/8" long and about 60 deg from the long axis if I remember correctly.

It is a gas piston design and has an adjustment to open up the gas flow so it will cycle if it gets dirty. I think it would have to get really dirty to need that but when I tinkered with it I don't remember it putting a bigger dent in the brass.

Maybe I will try taking a video of it cycling when fired with a GoPro and see if I can slow it down and see what it's hitting. Since it is so consistent and uniform I don't think it's the deflector. I haven't had that issue with ARs but maybe it's the cause?

Thanks for the replies.

Edit: I just pulled the rifle out and it doesn't have a deflector so that answers that question.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  3. fast14riot

fast14riot

Oct 27, 2010
    Possibly hitting the edge of the ejection port. Gas piston systems keep the bolt assembly cleaner but contain all the fouling in the forward end of the system. Get a good foaming cleaner and give it a run through, also try different ammo. Then I would try dialing it down a bit, if you can.

-Xander

4. FlaMtnBkr

FlaMtnBkr

Oct 20, 2004
    IMG_20140929_152009.jpg

I think it may be hitting the back of the ejection port. There is a vertical piece with a sharp edge that looks like it could easily do it. I tried to circle it and attach the picture. I wonder if anything can be done? I would think about slicing a piece of tubing and gluing it in place. I think it would interfere with the bolt and would get knocked off. Even rounding it would probably leave a dent.

Is there a way to adjust the extractor? Maybe altering the angle it releases?

On a side note, why are there no decent paint programs for Android? This one changed the aspect ratio. I tried half a dozen and they were all terrible. Finally got a circle on a picture. I have looked in the past and they all suck assuming they even start and don't crash on start up.

5. kybucknbone

kybucknbone

Aug 24, 2013
    Sig 716 patrol [​IMG]

6. KDucky's brother

KDucky's brother

Oct 29, 2013
    edited. sorry.

Carry on.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014