AR-15: America's Rifle

Who's got one? Post up the pictures!

qjnk.jpg

myars.jpg

I own a few..

ARs.JPG

newars1.JPG

newars2.JPG

Last photo, top one is the one I built for my father for Xmas 2 years back along with 1K ammo, some mags, cleaning kit. Last year I gave him a 22lr conversion and 5250rds of 22lr ammo.

My favorite still is the bigger 308. Took a few years to finish, but its what I wanted in a semi308. Reliable, accurate, and very little recoil due to the comp on the end. I have had kids as young a 10 or so shoot it. Everytime I take it out, many end up putting a round or 2 thru it. From some girls first time shooting, to experianced shooters. Everyone has liked it.. my best target

LR3081.JPG

308shot1.JPG

308shot5.JPG

308shot6.JPG

And my father shooting it
father308.JPG

dang spoolup nice collection! I have one done up in Magpul FDE like yours but with the ACS stock

Thanks Fish. She is a nice shooter too.

As for Eric... (Yoda voice on) Strong within you... the force is... yes. (Yoda voice off)

Really like your 7" upper too. Bought my pistol just for a place holder for a SBR, now I need to do the paperwork.... just been to lazy and diverting funds elsewhere. Need a can for my 22s too. Maybe this next year.

I use a reproduction Remington Rolling Block which was our military rifle back before repeaters were made !! You youngsters probably never heard of it .
It uses a 45-70 !
I did break down and my last purchase was a 223 Kimber but bolt action. The cartridge is dwarfed by the 45-70.

I use a reproduction Remington Rolling Block which was our military rifle back before repeaters were made !! You youngsters probably never heard of it .
It uses a 45-70 !
I did break down and my last purchase was a 223 Kimber but bolt action. The cartridge is dwarfed by the 45-70.

I'm sorry they don't allow you guys to own cool things in New York :(

It uses a 45-70 !

I like accuracy by volume :)

Never been a hunter, always a shooter. Semi autos are a blast. But I like guns with character instead of the mass produced pos they make today. The .45-70 is cool, but I'd be okay with the 5 year wait to get a .45-110 Quigley rifle :D

It uses a 45-70 !

I like me some big bore, own a few 45-70s, a 460 pistol, a few 454s (pistols and levers)..... great shooting. My entire collection is not EBRs. I just own a few.

BTW you can make an AR-15 in 45 SOCOM !!

458... yup, had one, preObama, RRA. Bought it and I think 700 rounds of ammo for $1800 or $1900, cant remember exactly, but it was a deal when I got it, shot all the ammo, sold the gun for $2000 after the first election in 2008 when EBR was a new found term for many, dug thru the brass buckets and found a good chunk of the cases, sold them at $0.50 a each. Had fun shooting, and still made money due to the rush. Hard to beat that!

I only have one at the moment, just traded for it after being AR-less for quite a while. It's a 20" HBAR A2. It'll be a tinker project, probably going to swap most of the furniture for OD green Magpul. Down the road I might swap out the upper reciever for a flat top.

F89A0805-F6EA-4859-A6E0-6E35DCF74EB3-406-00000042EC1DDB82_zpsd82f6086.jpg

It uses a 45-70 !

The U.S. Models 1870 (Navy) and 1871 (Army) rolling blocks once issue in the U.S. military were chambered for the .50-70 Government cartridge.

Also, repeating rifles were made (and some even used by the U.S. military) before the first rolling blocks. The first Remington rolling block, the Remington-Rider (not military), wasn't introduced until 1866. Colt introduced the Model 1855 revolving rifle (and it wasn't the first revolving rifle) in 1855 and produced it through 1866. Henry's first lever action was from 1860. The first Spencer was from 1860 too. The Volcanic repeaters predate both the Henry and the Spencer.

Last edited:
Back