Arc-Lock

I like the Arc-Lock. It has a very smooth action.

I don't think it's as time-tested and proven as the Axis Lock though.

Also, I'd like to see SOG using better steel than the AUS8 which they use on most of their folders.

I like my X Ray Vision in ATS-34 a lot.
Would love to see SOG do another BG42 or ATS-34 release.

Finally, their new knife in VG-10 looks interesting, but overpriced IMO.
It's a start, though.

Then you'll be glad to know that SOG has recently updated their blade steels to VG-10 on their arc-lock knives. :) Hope this helps, J.

ps. I have a thread called "Hey Chris, blade material change?" Chris pretty much explains everything there.

Just to make a slight clarification. Not all Arc-Lock knives have been upgraded to VG-10. The AccessCard and Spec Elite II both still have AUS6 and AUS8 blades respectively. They may make the change in the future but I have no details at this point.

Hey Chris, just to clarify, will the price be going up once the selected knives are switched over to VG-10? I met a guy at a gun show yesterday and I argued briefly over the price staying the same and he insisted it would go up. Please explain and I will be very grateful, J.

Currently the prices are staying the same at this point. I can not guarantee they will not ever go up but it will not be because of the steel change.

Back