1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Are you interested in a San Mai Nessmuk for $199 delivered to your door?

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by ArielSalaverria, Aug 13, 2007.

1. ArielSalaverria

ArielSalaverria KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2004
    EDIT 10/24/07:
    Prototype is ready, please check out page #5
    This post: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5000303&postcount=86

EDIT 01/29/08:
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5281097&postcount=152

Here's the deal :)

If there's enough interest I'm going to make full flat tang Nessmuk knives with an 8" overall lenght in my usual san mai damascus.

They will all share the same steel profile, and you'll be able to choose the scales material.

They will be 100% custom made, just as I make all my knives, only difference is that I will make all the steel first, then grind several pieces, handle and sheath them and so on. Pretty much like all knifemakers that offer specific models :)

Here are examples of this size full flat tang knives (obviously the Nessmuks will be a different shape and the handle will continue til the end)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Handle materials will be several local woods and micarta. They will be $199 shipped to your door and this price includes a pouch style leather (black or brown) sheath.

If you want stag handles, it'd be $20 extra (as it's more work) and if you'd like mokume or damascus bolsters, it'd be $30 extra.

Bolsters Example

[​IMG]

Stag Example

[​IMG]

I have to finish some orders now, but I'll squeeze the prototype in between others and I'll get it ready in 1.5-2 months. Once I get that, I can start making them, but I'd need reach a minimum of orders, so if you're interested, please let me know :)

So let me know what you think and if you're 100% IN, if you're MAYBE in or if you're not.
    All opinions, questions, etc, are welcomed, as this would be the first time I do something like this.

You'll be able to pay using any kind of method you'd like, even PayPal (no fee at all) Regular ones will be $199, period!

Ariel

2. ColdOne

ColdOne

Oct 5, 2006
    Hi Ariel, very interested here. Be able to give a final answer once you post some photos of the prototype. May take advantage of the order to snag another knife as well! :)

3. halfserrated

halfserrated

May 10, 2007
    I would be interested as well, but I would want to see a prototype.

4. spudbear

spudbear

May 2, 2007
    Hi,
    I'm kind of new around here...please count me as definitely interested {pending a look at the prototype}. Really nice work.

5. CorporalChaos

CorporalChaos

Dec 11, 2006
    I am very interested, but like others, I would like to see a prototype first.

6. WILLIAM.M

WILLIAM.M

Apr 14, 2006
    Ditto----AND YOU DO GREAT WORK!!!!!

7. Broos

Broos

Jan 10, 2005
    I'd be interested - how thick? Maybe an option for a tapered tang?

8. ArielSalaverria

ArielSalaverria KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2004
    Thanks for the interest! It'll most likely be 1/8"-3/16"

I'll think about tapered tangs :)

I'll try to get the prototype made as soon as possible, I still have to finish some past due orders first.

Regards

9. Morrow

Morrow Don't make this weird

Apr 11, 2007
    I want to see the prototype...but your work is top notch so I'll pretty much be wanting one.

10. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    looks compelling!

bladite

11. Thunderclad

Thunderclad

Jun 15, 2006
    Beautiful knives, I like the damascus and your design.
    Hope to see your prototype soon.

12. PbRx

PbRx

Nov 25, 2005
    I am interested also, pending prototype review.

13. wyrm

wyrm

Jan 16, 2001
    One more pending prototype. I prefer full tangs myself.

D.

14. Gromit

Gromit

Jul 22, 2007
    I am very interested, but I would like to see a prototype first.

Gromit

15. chugokujin

chugokujin

Dec 21, 2002
    How about a Sanmai Scandi too?

16. chugokujin

chugokujin

Dec 21, 2002
    OH, Yes, back to topic a nessmuck would be great too.

17. beyondmyken

beyondmyken

Dec 23, 2000
    Hello, I am very interested. I have been checking out your knives for a long time.

18. sphughes

sphughes

Jul 20, 2007
    Beautiful work. I am very interested and would definitely purchase one after seeing the prototype. Please contact me when it is ready to view.

-Scott

19. ArielSalaverria

Mar 26, 2004
    Folks,

I've talked to my webmaster and he made a quick mock up ("lame a** quick hack job" he said) of what I have in mind.

Mind you, even if this picture was made from pieces of other pictures of my knives, this doesn't look like a real knife, but it will give you an idea of what I'm talking about until I get to make the real prototype :)

If you like this, you gonna love the real knife :D

8" overall lenght, 3 3/4" edge.

Pins will be round, and probably not that on the extremes, as to allow a bolster (if so desired) and a lanyard hole.

[​IMG]

Ariel

20. Morrow

Morrow Don't make this weird

Apr 11, 2007
    yep.....yep....and yep.....get crackin. :D