• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Are you interested in a San Mai Nessmuk for $199 delivered to your door?

EDIT 10/24/07:
Prototype is ready, please check out page #5
This post: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5000303&postcount=86

EDIT 01/29/08:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5281097&postcount=152

Here's the deal :)

If there's enough interest I'm going to make full flat tang Nessmuk knives with an 8" overall lenght in my usual san mai damascus.

They will all share the same steel profile, and you'll be able to choose the scales material.

They will be 100% custom made, just as I make all my knives, only difference is that I will make all the steel first, then grind several pieces, handle and sheath them and so on. Pretty much like all knifemakers that offer specific models :)

Here are examples of this size full flat tang knives (obviously the Nessmuks will be a different shape and the handle will continue til the end)

sanmaipadouk1.jpg

sanmaigarabato6.jpg

sanmaimicarta1.jpg

Handle materials will be several local woods and micarta. They will be $199 shipped to your door and this price includes a pouch style leather (black or brown) sheath.

If you want stag handles, it'd be $20 extra (as it's more work) and if you'd like mokume or damascus bolsters, it'd be $30 extra.

Bolsters Example

thinsanmai1.jpg

Stag Example

cablestag1_big.jpg

I have to finish some orders now, but I'll squeeze the prototype in between others and I'll get it ready in 1.5-2 months. Once I get that, I can start making them, but I'd need reach a minimum of orders, so if you're interested, please let me know :)

So let me know what you think and if you're 100% IN, if you're MAYBE in or if you're not.
All opinions, questions, etc, are welcomed, as this would be the first time I do something like this.

You'll be able to pay using any kind of method you'd like, even PayPal (no fee at all) Regular ones will be $199, period!

Ariel

Hi Ariel, very interested here. Be able to give a final answer once you post some photos of the prototype. May take advantage of the order to snag another knife as well! :)

Hi,
I'm kind of new around here...please count me as definitely interested {pending a look at the prototype}. Really nice work.

I'd be interested - how thick? Maybe an option for a tapered tang?

Thanks for the interest! It'll most likely be 1/8"-3/16"

I'll think about tapered tangs :)

I'll try to get the prototype made as soon as possible, I still have to finish some past due orders first.

Regards

I want to see the prototype...but your work is top notch so I'll pretty much be wanting one.

Beautiful work. I am very interested and would definitely purchase one after seeing the prototype. Please contact me when it is ready to view.

-Scott

Folks,

I've talked to my webmaster and he made a quick mock up ("lame a** quick hack job" he said) of what I have in mind.

Mind you, even if this picture was made from pieces of other pictures of my knives, this doesn't look like a real knife, but it will give you an idea of what I'm talking about until I get to make the real prototype :)

If you like this, you gonna love the real knife :D

8" overall lenght, 3 3/4" edge.

Pins will be round, and probably not that on the extremes, as to allow a bolster (if so desired) and a lanyard hole.

nessmukmockup.jpg

Ariel

Folks,

I've talked to my webmaster and he made a quick mock up ("lame a** quick hack job" he said) of what I have in mind.

Mind you, even if this picture was made from pieces of other pictures of my knives, this doesn't look like a real knife, but it will give you an idea of what I'm talking about until I get to make the real prototype :)

If you like this, you gonna love the real knife :D

8" overall lenght, 3 3/4" edge.

Pins will be round, and probably not that on the extremes, as to allow a bolster (if so desired) and a lanyard hole.

nessmukmockup.jpg

Ariel

yep.....yep....and yep.....get crackin. :D

Back