Are you satisfied with the quality of Flytanium Scales

Just picked up my scales the other day and installed them last night.

w1mag9m.jpg

2MmOkaD.jpg

NOW everything with the handle works,blade is centered but I couldn't install the pocket clip :eek: with the ones supplied because they're ........Too Short:thumbsdown:

I had some 2-56 from a hard drive dissembly around.

LBRHQWg.jpg

Had some scales for a benchmade balisong, and got rid of it years ago. Recently got a screw set for PM2... I wasn't impressed. The pocket screws weren't long enough. They where also thinner. The changed the torx size as well. I'll be avoiding that company, and China made knifes for now.

Just saw this review on BladeHq.com Looks like I'm not the only one with the exact same problem.

oUIiGwx.png

45lhJTZ.png

Last edited:
I had not ordered from these guys in years so did not know some of the more recent QC issues. I ordered a copper scale for my Cryo and the holes are so misaligned I cannot install it.

I made the mistake of ordering from the Flytanium website as a guest. All emails requesting help with the order have been ignored. Its going on 10 days since my first email. So, do they just not respond?

Sorry to hear about your experience.I just looked up all the messages from them,they don't have a different email contact than what's on their site....info@flytaniumco.com but Amanda was the person, whom helped me out.

When I got in touch with them,they offered a shipping label and asked that I send it directly back.

I've tried this brand for hardware and scales, they both had issues. I only ended up using a back spacer and stand offs on a pm2.

I would avoid at all cost. Not cuz its made in China (ok, maybe a little bit), but because of the fit and finish issues. For the price of what they cost they should be way better than they are. I can honestly say, I'll never buy another product from them again.

Found an interesting corroboration here, according to both websites: If they are indeed one in the same I imagine that if someone has an issue with their scales it should be handled in the long run. What surprises me is why do they send the stuff out the door with issues in the first place? Not trying to start a fire here, I just hope the QC issues are corrected.

Flytanium, LLC
564 W. 700 S. Suite 104
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

--------------------------------------

Blade HQ
564 W 700 S #102
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062

I don’t think they’re anything more than neighbors. If they shared ownership, it’d be very odd for them to be distributed through every one of their competitors.

I just bought the Flytanium Crossfade OD G10 scales for my Bugout. This is one knife that, despite being a fantastic knife in very other way, comes with the flimsiest scales I have ever seen. Kind of hard to understand how a knife that costs over $100 could ship like this. Anyway, even with the horrible stock scales it became my favorite carry so I figured it was worth upgrading it.
Based on suggestions on the BF Benchmade subforum I ordered the Flytanium G10 scales. I could not be more satisfied with the result.
The G10 scales are slightly thicker than the stock Grivory, giving a better solid feel without adding any noticable weight. All holes, screws were correct and I did the install in 20 minutes. 15 of which was spent on getting that pivot back in...LOL.
ptLPLO.jpg
KRrPo6.jpg
yWrU8g.jpg

To be honest, getting my Shaman into the Flytainium Ti scales was a huge pain. I did it because my girl bought them for me.

Pro tip: just dont mod basic, production knives. It's dumb. It's only good for social media pics.

I've had good luck so far. I have a pair of black canvas micarta lotus scales for my PM2 which fit great and a set of tear drop Carbon fiber scales for my manix 2. Both were fairly easy to install and honestly, the hardest part of each install job was getting the stock scales off of there with the way that Spyderco press fits the lanyard tube into the liners.

I have found Flytanium scales to fit better than any other aftermarket scales. I have two sets of the lotus scales for my PM2s and they fit perfectly. I have had issues with other companies but not Flytanium.

No experience with the titanium scales but I have G10 on my Bugout and put CF scales on a coworkers Bugout. No issues at all with either. The feel of my G10 Bugout is far superior to the grivory that my Bugout came with. They balance out the weight more and make it feel just right. This is how the standard Bugout should come.

5pihFPM.jpeg

Considering what they cost these QC problems should not be there.

Thanks for speaking up. Looks like it’s one company I will stay away from.

Totally agree.
I have really been considering these lately as I would love to have the upcoming Knifejoy 20cv Endura 4 wearing them. Glad this topic came up, I think I will just save myself the headache.

I’ve had quite a few sets of Flytanium scales. The ti Bugout ones caused the action of the knife to not be the best, no matter how much I tinkered with it. Their PM2 scales have all been great. I just put on a set of their micarta lotus scales the other day. Fit great. My only gripe with their cf PM2 scales is that the cf isn’t the best quality compared to ones from sharp dressed knives, etc.

Back