Argonne Assault LB. . . Specs & Other Info. . . . . (Cool Pics)

I'm usually a fan of the 'black knife'. Black blade and black handle combo but recently I've been drawn toward the brown/koyote/tan/sand colours. Would love to see some of the other blade colours just to get a better idea. I'm sure Jerry will sort out something soonish (2 weeks maybe?).

Anyone else thinking they'll buy one and dremel or hacksaw off the knuckles rather than wait until next year for the CA legal version? Either that or make it into a AALBRF?

Bummer, been trying to order one but the process stops. Guess I'll email and hope I can call on Monday.

Black blade with red/black G10 is it!

Yes it is! :cool: It's going to look really good next to a matching War Hawk. :eek:

I don't think I have ever seen a knife which looks as "brutal" as this one does ... :eek: ... makes you realise the "acceptance" of the way it was/is in the trenches which that generation of soldiers were given ...

Not now though ... an AA would'nt make it past the gates on most military bases ... I don't think it would even make it into the UK as "knuckle knives" are prohibited ... worth noting for the Busse fans over here ... and if it was confiscated you would lose your money in the knife with no recourse to get it back ...

All this being said it is a very worthy tribute knife for those who can own one ... :thumbup:

For us over here we would need to await the none-knuckle version ... and that combined with a set of kevlar "knuckle" battle gloves would give you a similar level of performance ... :)

Outstanding!! I wasn't sure I would ever get a chance to get one of these!! Order placed!!

Thanks Busse Crew!!

How long will these be on sale? Anyone know? I don't want to miss out, but funds are tight.

Ya could always go with black canvas... leave it as is while coated (or wash it to lighten it a little more), then use some medium to fine grit sandpaper and some oil on it to bring it to almost true black when you go to satinize it. Just a thought. :) Same trick works on Tan Canvas for a tan to brown handle.

I think I saw Rainwalker has a bunch of black micarta handles that he turned completely black with black leather dye. Looked really good.

Found the thread on the Scrap Yard forum for reference (RS picture undyed, then later dyed):

http://www.scrapyardknives.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=471125&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

Last edited:
I think I saw Rainwalker has a bunch of black micarta handles that he turned completely black with black leather dye. Looked really good.

Unless you like a rougher textured handle, I don't think you'd even need the dye. Here's a Shiva Rex that I only hand sanded the micarta handles a little. Didn't even need oil. :)

Busse-Shiva_Rex1.jpg

Busse-Shiva_Rex2.jpg

For some reason, I've got a strange feeling these won't be up for long. So get it while you can!

I think you are right. I also believe this is a wonderful offering in that it appeals to a subset of the faithful despite its narrow market appeal. For me, that elicits kudos to the company, not disappointment. The hand-wringing from disinterested sectors will be short-lived as the NMFSH will emerge soon. I have spoken! (and drunk copious Busse-approved disorienting volume!). Good slashing to all!

Back