1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Ask, and Ye Shall Receive

Discussion in 'Ban Tang's "Stupid Sharp Knives"' started by gomle, Mar 22, 2011.

1. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006

linky no worky. :confused::grumpy:

2. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
  3. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    Ban, you ever consider making a dagger? I definitely pick one up from you if you did. I bet you'd make a nice one with proper geometry that would actually cut....

4. Ban

Ban Moderator Moderator

Oct 14, 1998
    Nope. Not yet. Daggers would be fun to make. I may try one soon.

5. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    Sweet :thumbup: BT4, drop point EDC, dagger...my list is ever growing.... :D

6. HuntBomb

HuntBomb

Sep 18, 2009
    Ban,
    What would be a good belt grinder to purchase for a beginner? And how much $ might one invest in order to have an effective set up?

7. Ban

Ban Moderator Moderator

Oct 14, 1998
    Depends on what you want to do with it. Sharpen knives or make knives? I started off with a Grizzly grinder/buffer back in 1998 and still use it today.

8. Kougera

Kougera

Apr 2, 2009
    Would you be open to a project that might not be your usual style?

9. Ban

Ban Moderator Moderator

Oct 14, 1998
    What sort of project are we talking about? I am pretty curious and adventurous by nature and may consider it if it peaks my interest.

10. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    Speaking of projects, I have a concept I've been toying with for a while: SAK blade replacements. If I could take apart my alox Farmer, put in a Ban Tang M4 blade of identical specs...man that would make a good all around tool incredibly more useful.

Might be crazy or not worth it, but I can't quite get it out of my head... :D

11. Ban

Ban Moderator Moderator

Oct 14, 1998
    I never tried taking apart those alox folders. I actually like those things quite a bit. A premium steel main blade on one of those super handy knives would be really sick! ;) M4 or 3V would be pretty darn ideal for me. I wouldn't mind diving into fun projects like that in the future if and when I have the time. As it is, I already have a pretty darn busy life.

12. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    Yeah, they would be sick! Think of how many people would buy SAKs that'd been modified to have blades in premium steels.

Anyway, yeah, that's a lil fun thing for down the road. I just wanted to stake my claim as the first (as far as I know) with the idea :D

13. TheNick

TheNick

Apr 6, 2005
    I was wondering what kind of delays you have right now when ordering a knife from you =)

14. Ban

Ban Moderator Moderator

Oct 14, 1998
    At the current rate I am going right now it is at least a few months. It just all depends on how busy I get with my regular day job.

15. D86PQ

D86PQ KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 28, 2010
    ban we need wip pics

16. Kingofthellamas

Kingofthellamas

Nov 27, 2010
    Ever plan on making a stupid sharp folder? a Ban Tang folder would be beyond amazing.

17. Ban

Ban Moderator Moderator

Oct 14, 1998
    I will get around to making a folder some day.

18. Kingofthellamas

Kingofthellamas

Nov 27, 2010
    Well when you want to tackle that frontier, let me know. Ill be your first customer. :D

19. MRpink

MRpink

Sep 17, 2007
    Ti frame lock with a sleek looking, stupid sharp, frosty blade! I'm not going to think about this too much or I'll just torture myself. :foot:

20. Ban

Ban Moderator Moderator

Oct 14, 1998
    Ti Frame Lock Check!
    Stupid Sharp Check!
    Frosty Finish Check!

I just have to get around to making one.