Astonishing Auctions

High auction prices are proportionate to how hollow and empty of a human-being the buyer is. These people who are missing major pieces of their humanity, intellect and sanity will never get the time of day from any complete human being, so their option is to wallow in the shallow world of materialism and purchase attention from other equally flawed humans by slathering themselves with jewelry for their egos.

I don't know that anybody is missing any of their humanity. That seems a bit harsh. I feel rather we are all meeting a couple basic human needs. Both social and esteem. Human beings have been gathering for rendezvous to show off their stuff for hundreds of years. I have not seen one person on here yet try to one up another person or peacock around with shiny things. I have only seen people sharing, trading and gifting. Whether it be knowledge or material. It is just under a different format now than it was in years past due to the digital age. We have guys on here in Washington State trading stories with guys on the east coast as if they were standing next to each other. It's pretty exciting if you ask me. I feel it's an important step in preserving parts of our past and sharing the history of our individual regions. Just think of all the stories that would otherwise be lost unless we actually traveled there and obtained the information first hand. I hope you can rethink your stance on the subject and perhaps share some of your own experience. It would seem you have been at this a long time. I'm sure you have a wealth of knowledge that could be shared. Regards, and have a wonderful day.

DF2-D0-EA6-6-ABA-461-E-80-EA-4-BC742293043.png

High auction prices are proportionate to how hollow and empty of a human-being the buyer is. These people who are missing major pieces of their humanity, intellect and sanity will never get the time of day from any complete human being, so their option is to wallow in the shallow world of materialism and purchase attention from other equally flawed humans by slathering themselves with jewelry for their egos.

I agree completely. Nobody should spend any money on their interests. Ever. We should all be wearing hair shirts and put every spare dime we make into to secure, interest-bearing accounts.

I agree completely. Nobody should spend any money on their interests. Ever. We should all be wearing hair shirts and put every spare dime we make into to secure, interest-bearing accounts.

Hey...quit making fun of my summer sweater! Lol!

I had my shirt off a while back...when i started to go grey just yesterday (;):D), and a good buddy of mine comes over when we were all playing volleyball and says...Hey Miller, just going to call you SilverBack from now on. I turned to him laughing and he then says...hey look its the White Mountains.

Friends are priceless :cool::thumbsup:

Apoorbitterpersonsays what?

Back