• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ATC or Brent VanZanen

This is just a heads up to anyone who might be considering doing any business with ATC or Bren VanZanen, the same person using two different names.
The problem being that this person seems to think getting something sent out whenever he gets around to it is good enough.

Basically, I worked out a trade with him last week, and we agreed to send out on Monday.
Well, I myself finally had to get out of line at the Post Office or be late for work, so I ended up sending on Tuesday. I actually felt bad about this, but sent a note explaining why I didn't get it sent out till Tuesday.

Well, I finally get a reply on Thursday letting me know that he'll get his knife shipped as soon as he can. Like it's no big deal that he hasn't shipped yet, and whenever he gets around to it is just fine.....

This seems to be the kind of people that are showing up here on bfc more & more often, and it sucks..I guess I'm about done buying here, as this kind of crap just really pisses me off....it's kinda like ebay around here.

Just a heads up about this person, and if this way of doing business sounds good to you, then you shouldn't have any problems.

------------------
mikemck@austin.rr.com

i just completed a deal with brent. this was my first time dealing with him and i was quite satisfied. he shipped the item before he received the money, and in a timely fashion! i actually got the money off to him late and he said no problem, these things happen! i would not hesitate to deal with him again.

------------------

a cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer.
The only thing better than a good knife is a good woman:D
A few of my Knives
bladez.jpg

It's certainly not an isolated case.I have had people wait till they receive my trade item before shipping mine out, without this being agreed to prior.I have also had people promise to send me a money order right away and when I finally receive the Money order its dated a week later than when it was supposed to have been purchased.What pisses me off,is that alot of times I'm not even notified,it just shows up real late.At least come up with a good bullSh** excuse,and keep me updated.It makes me mad too when I had to turn down a list of buyers wanting my item and would have been efficient about getting me my money.Instead I'm held up by someone clearly not in any hurry,and could have sold it to another more reliable person.I know what some poeple do also,they don't have the money for the item and selfishly agree to purchase the item knowing damn well they're going to wait till payday before sending it out,without even asking if you mind a delay until that day.Some people suck!
biggrin.gif
:

WHOA! this just shocks me, Mike and I clearly had some miunderstanding about this. I never heard one word from Mike about this 'til I found this post and that REALLY sucks.the story,as I understood it,is the trade he sent was in used condition(excellent,as it turns out) and I'm supposed to check it out and make sure it's what I'm looking for. all that aside,mike here managed to post this s**t before I even RECIEVED his trade.and I truly do hope he's done here on the forum. by the way I did change my name and e-mail when my other ISP went belly-up, that a crime?

------------------
formerly ATC

Whoa!!!!!!!
Brent is a good guy. Seems like a total misunderstanding and an overraction....

I know for a fact that Brent changed ISP's because of problems he was having.

This is only saturday and the USPS is pretty messed up this time of year anyway.

I seriously doubt that Brent was trying any funny business. Seriously.

Seems a little harsh to post this.

C'mon, let's work it out.

By the way,my post is not a direct attack on you or your transaction with Brent, as I have no personal dealings with you previously nor do I know anything about the transaction with you and mikemck.I'm just blowing off a little
steam about my past dealings on some of the etiquette displayed my fellow formites.This post just touched a nerve with me.I have no idea if his complaint is legit or just a misunderstanding,miscommunication etc.so please don't think I'm attacking you,I just agree with his displeasure about unexplained delay's.

[This message has been edited by TOMBSTONE (edited 12-16-2000).]

Okay, let me say to Brent that I do apologize for this post, and I have sent an email on this very thing.

Due to a misunderstanding, among other things, I just got upset about this deal, when I shouldn't have.

Hopefully, I can get this worked out with Brent, and he won't harbor any hard feelings toward me over this.

Although Brent is a great guy to deal with, there are still several that aren't.....
Speaking of others, what I should have done is report these other deals when they happened, instead of letting things build until I finally "blew-up" at the first honest misunderstanding, and then came here to the forums full of righteous indignation to warn others.

------------------
mikemck@austin.rr.com

[This message has been edited by mikemck (edited 12-16-2000).]

Thanks all,looks like there was an E-mail that didn't get through that caused this misunderstanding.no hard feelings. Brent

[This message has been edited by Brent VanZanen (edited 12-17-2000).]

Back