Atlanta Blade Show 2021?

Might be one thing if I lived with in easy driving distance of Atlanta but I'm not going to risk booking a flight across the country and hotel this year. It took the state insurance commissioner's help to get my money back on a insured trip I booked last year. Airlines and hotel just wanted to say tough luck.

Owen K.

Gold Member
I'm rethinking. I need a freaking vacation. I'm driving so a flight won't be an issue. Hopefully with it being a month out we will be safe from a cancellation. Whats the latest news? Is there a way to tell if the exhibitors on the list are actually going?

Larrin

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I will be doing a heat treating class at Blade Show. I will have had my second dose of vaccine about a month before the show so no real concerns on my end.

not2sharp

Gold Member
We are not hearing any buzz about the show on here. If they do hold it, it sounds like they might be able to host it in one of the elevators this year. During a normal year we would have already had hundreds of threads, with makers and production companies telling us about their locations at the show, the inventory they would be making available, hinting about the new models they intended to introduce, inviting people to meet them at the Pit before or after, etc. Telling us about who was earning their Master Smith certificate, exhibiting collections, or contributing to a charity auction. This year has been nothing but crickets. Are we to believe that thousands of exhibitors from around the globe would make the investment only to remain silent as though a gag order were in effect?

n2s

Last edited:
I suspect those investments might have been roll over investments for some considering last year was a bust as well they might be wanting to avoid hyping up what they aren't certain will still happen. I do mostly agree with you just trying to find some logical explanation that is more optimistic.

Larrin

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I’m seeing plenty of posts about the show on Instagram.

"Georgia is open for business"

I'm going this year, as much to support the organization as anything.

elde66

Gold Member
Google it....there’s a list of attendees: looks like most all manufacturers will be attending.

not2sharp

Gold Member
"Georgia is open for business"

I'm going this year, as much to support the organization as anything.

That's good to hear. I would like to go to the show, but it is quite a commitment for a situation that is anything but clear.

n2s

not2sharp

Gold Member
Google it....there’s a list of attendees: looks like most all manufacturers will be attending.

Yes, but that is exactly what they said last year...and they are risking becoming the boy who cried wolf.

I did a quick search and this is the only recent thread on here with the words "blade show" Which is one more than the number of threads on the world exhibition of Pound Puppies and Pez Dispensers.

n2s

Last edited:
That's good to hear. I would like to go to the show, but it is quite a commitment for a situation that is anything but clear.

n2s
I live on the other side of 285 from the venue. Our area never really shut down outside of the first few weeks of the pandemic. Things have been "back to normal" as far as commerce has been concerned for months now. The Battery, even with no games, always has a crowd of diners/shoppers. Cumberland Mall is probably busier than it was pre-2020 and the Akers Mill shopping center is as busy as ever. That said, I think yes/no will be a lot more clear in about a month. Still early enough to make plans as an attendee.

Plus how much do they need to advertise to us vs in mass media like FB, Twitter, and Instagram? The change in percentage of BF users who will or won't attend based on vendors advertising their presence here is likely insignificant.

JParanee

Gold Member
My tickets are booked and at the DISKIN Booth the show must go on

I will have a killer Mirabile Katana on display and Matt’s been working on knives

Owen K.

Gold Member
Sounds like the Mark of the Maker cast, with the exception of Mark are confirmed to be attending.

Owen K.

Gold Member
54 days to the show and the Cobb Galleria is still open for business with safety precautions in place. Georgia governor says Georgia is open for business and is lifting gathering restrictions and restaurant spacing limits 4/8. Things are looking good.

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC