1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  2. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

ATS-34 machete with rope wrap handle.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Ross99, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Ross99

Ross99 Gold Member Gold Member

May 31, 2011
    This machete is made from 1/16" ATS-34. It has been given a special heat treatment, using unique parameters and equipment. The machete sports a short convex edge and is honed razor sharp. Very light in weight, you can swing this machete fast. It does a great job on fleshly vines and scrub brushes. The cord wrapped handle provides a good grip and is soft and shock absorbing. The cord can easily be changed for a fresh look or to inspect the whole blade. The bare blade can be re-tempered to relieve some of the built up stress. The machete comes in a fitted Kydex scabbard with a shoulder strap for ease of carry.

$180 plus 12.00 shipping.

Thanks,

Ross

Machete website:

http://akiblades.com

View attachment 454802 View attachment 454811 View attachment 454809 View attachment 454804 View attachment 454810

2. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Ross, I like it but I don't see a price?

3. Ross99

May 31, 2011
    Posted the price, thanks for pointing out the omission.

4. lightleak

lightleak

Jun 11, 2009
    There it is, the legendary SBM! At the moment I can not afford it, but I will buy one from you in the future. Great piece of gear, your heat treatment abilities are almost mythical ;) Best greetings from Europe!

5. daniel4572

daniel4572

Oct 30, 2005
    What's blade length and overall length please?
    Thanks

6. Ross99

May 31, 2011
    Hi Daniel,
    oal is 18.5" and the blade length is 13".

Thanks,
    Ross